• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Reservation Transfer - PA/NJ/NY/CT area, Air GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof, and AWD Drivetrain

Sappy02

VIN assigned, vehicle ready for delivery in a few weeks - PA/NJ/NY/CT area, Air GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof, and AWD Drivetrain

Send a message if you are interested.

VIN assigned, vehicle ready for delivery in a few weeks - PA/NJ/NY/CT area, Air GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof, and AWD Drivetrain

Send a message if you are interested.
cannot transfer a reservation, you'd have to buy it first then privately sell, maybe can work out something with someone here

I am not sure of Lucid's policy on the following solution read from somewhere else (not these forums). The person with the reservation could provide the credentials, maybe even change, to the person interested in purchasing the reservation. How to handle the money and guarantee transfer would be up to the two parties. There are probably more hoops such as changing the delivery address and registered owners.

I am not sure of Lucid's policy on the following solution read from somewhere else (not these forums). The person with the reservation could provide the credentials, maybe even change, to the person interested in purchasing the reservation. How to handle the money and guarantee transfer would be up to the two parties. There are probably more hoops such as changing the delivery address and registered owners.
"No" - Lucid's policy

That was poorly worded on my part. The above solution is no way endorsed by Lucid.

Are you tryin to transfer for profit or just so you dont lose your deposit?

Are you tryin to transfer for profit or just so you dont lose your deposit?
Just so I don't lose my deposit. The secondary market appears to be rather soft on this vehicle. Even with my early reservation's lower price of $139K, I would still lose money if I sold it after delivery. On the auction sites, the GT trim sells for $125K which is a full $14K lower than I would pay for it. Granted, if I took delivery, I could take the $7,500 tax credit but that's still a $6,500 loss right out the gate.

That was poorly worded on my part. The above solution is no way endorsed by Lucid.
What if I were to ask them to re-assign my order deposit to a Touring trim model for delivery in Q4 '22 or Q1 '23 and perhaps even honor the pricing of that trim before the price increase earlier this year? Would they do that? I am a bit frustrated that when I test drove back in Jan '22, the representative made it seem like DreamDrive Pro would be released closer to the end of this year. That's a pipe dream, and it doesn't seem that there is a lot of demand in the US for a luxury electric sedan with little driving automation.

What if I were to ask them to re-assign my order deposit to a Touring trim model for delivery in Q4 '22 or Q1 '23 and perhaps even honor the pricing of that trim before the price increase earlier this year? Would they do that? I am a bit frustrated that when I test drove back in Jan '22, the representative made it seem like DreamDrive Pro would be released closer to the end of this year. That's a pipe dream, and it doesn't seem that there is a lot of demand in the US for a luxury electric sedan with little driving automation.
Ask @rbarry, he may be on vacation or something because have not seen him here this week. I believe they will work with you, they do not want cancellations.

Careful with that approach. If you take delivery next year on any of the models, I believe you are guaranteed to lose the tax credit

Just so I don't lose my deposit. The secondary market appears to be rather soft on this vehicle. Even with my early reservation's lower price of $139K, I would still lose money if I sold it after delivery. On the auction sites, the GT trim sells for $125K which is a full $14K lower than I would pay for it. Granted, if I took delivery, I could take the $7,500 tax credit but that's still a $6,500 loss right out the gate.
dont forget about sales tax and delivery fee

At this point, you should just cancel and lose a thousand or get the car and enjoy the crap out of it.

Careful with that approach. If you take delivery next year on any of the models, I believe you are guaranteed to lose the tax credit
Supposed to take delivery next week so I think the tax credit is still in play. If I push the reservation for delivery next year, the SA confirmed I would still be eligible for the tax credit.

My sales representative has been adamant any change to my order (pre-price hike) will result in post-price hike prices. It really sucks because I was willing and eager to drop the extra cash on the Stealth package...

My sales representative has been adamant any change to my order (pre-price hike) will result in post-price hike prices. It really sucks because I was willing and eager to drop the extra cash on the Stealth package...
You could potentially buy the Stealth package pieces after you get your vehicle and when stealth becomes available have them swap the parts for you.

You could potentially buy the Stealth package pieces after you get your vehicle and when stealth becomes available have them swap the parts for you.
I did ask about that actually. No word on if the stealth components will be made available for after market purchase. Fingers crossed they will though.

Some folks have mentioned "blacking" out the chrome. I am not sure what that does, or if it is the same thing.

I did ask about that actually. No word on if the stealth components will be made available for after market purchase. Fingers crossed they will though.

Some folks have mentioned "blacking" out the chrome. I am not sure what that does, or if it is the same thing.
"Blacking" out the chrome is just having a car customization shop wrap the chrome pieces with black or whatever color you choose. You can wrap your whole car if you want to. This is an alternative to replacing the parts or painting. Some people on the forums have done this. You can also remove the wrap and return it looking back to factory if you get bored with it.

This would be cost-prohibitive IMO, and something that in my opinion should be done at the factory, or done far cheaper in the aftermarket with a wrap job.

This would be cost-prohibitive IMO, and something that in my opinion should be done at the factory, or done far cheaper in the aftermarket with a wrap job.
From initial Google estimates on a wrap, you are correct. It looks like the top of the range was up to 2k. Either way, it would be cheaper to do an aftermarket job.

Back