Rental Car Process

Shenlon

Cars
Air GT
Hey guys, so I've been told not to drive my car since last Wednesday and was told a rental car was being set up. How long did it take for you guys to get yours? I feel like they are dragging their feet as nobody has any answers other than, "Wait for Hertz to call"?

Mine called me the Friday before I dropped the car off, but I would ask them to get Hertz to call you sooner if you’re worried.

Once they called, the process was totally seamless and paid for; but that might be the local Hertz.

Much depends on where you are. That part of the service offering is wildly inconsistent. If you are dealing directly with a Service Center, it appears the overall experience is much better than if you are not in the same location. I waited for Hertz to contact me, but they never did and I ended up having to source a rental car on my own, pay for it out of pocket and wait six+ weeks for reimbursement, but that was prior to them having a national contract with Hertz. I hope it has gotten better, but doubly hope not to have to test it out anytime soon.

Agree with @CLTGT. I'm in SoCal and Lucid sent a flat bed to pick up my car from my home, and dropped off what seems to be a Lucid owned Audi SUV as my rental in the afternoon. Then delivered my car back when it was ready, and drove the Audi SUV back. Pretty darn easy for me...although I hope to not have to use the service again.

Back