Release Version Megathread

Hey, if you have contacts inside, could you please suggest this for "valet mode". I had posted this on another thread.
  1. An on-screen option that turns on valet mode (this mode will implement both geo-fencing and a speed limit of 20mph). This will rule out joy rides.
  2. The only way to get out of this valet mode is using the PIN.
  3. Simply hand over the key fob to the valet after turning on "valet mode". No instructions for the valet needed, no waving of cards, none of that crap.
I think you’re allowed to send suggestions to the customer feedback email. I was going to send a summary of improvements etc. after 3 to 4 weeks of ownership.

If they’re taking customer feedback seriously then they can then compare what people are asking for the most and prioritize them.

Or…… they could just ignore, lol. No harm in sending feedback though.

While I know the doors opening/handles may have been an issue for some, it’s flawless on my GT I just got delivered today. Proximity sensor on my phone is perfect and fast. No need for fob so far.

While I know the doors opening/handles may have been an issue for some, it’s flawless on my GT I just got delivered today. Proximity sensor on my phone is perfect and fast. No need for fob so far.
So if you approach your car quickly with only your phone in your pocket and it’s in a dead sleep, it wakes up perfectly every time and the handles come out etc? Mine usually does but not always. If it’s already awake, then it responds to the proximity sensor every single time

So if you approach your car quickly with only your phone in your pocket and it’s in a dead sleep, it wakes up perfectly every time and the handles come out etc? Mine usually does but not always. If it’s already awake, then it responds to the proximity sensor every single time
You’re lucky. Doesn’t work at all for me whether the car is asleep or awake

The biggest problem is the car's sleep state and what sensors are active. It seems like whatever sensors are active to detect the key fob should be active for the mobile key as well to work just a reliably. FOB 4 LIFE!

Hey, if you have contacts inside, could you please suggest this for "valet mode". I had posted this on another thread.
  1. An on-screen option that turns on valet mode (this mode will implement both geo-fencing and a speed limit of 20mph). This will rule out joy rides.
  2. The only way to get out of this valet mode is using the PIN.
  3. Simply hand over key fob to the valet after turning on "valet mode". No instructions for the valet needed, no waving of cards, no PINS, none of that crap.
Yup yup I have a list of suggestions I will be giving them and I will add this to the list.

The biggest problem is the car's sleep state and what sensors are active. It seems like whatever sensors are active to detect the key fob should be active for the mobile key as well to work just a reliably. FOB 4 LIFE!
The issue is the app, not the car. iOS has restrictions for background bluetooth services and you have to set it up just right to make it work. Apple Car Key support will resolve this. can't wait until they add it.

The issue is the app, not the car. iOS has restrictions for background bluetooth services and you have to set it up just right to make it work. Apple Car Key support will resolve this. can't wait until they add it.
Oh, I see! Good to know!

From my understanding, there is a main system and the ADAS, infotainment, etc all run inside that system. So Android is being emulated inside that system. Now it will run on its own natively.
So it has been running inside a VM instead of the metal? That’s quite unexpected, and I’m guessing due to several different types of hardware used initially. Maybe easier to virtualize into a single environment at the start instead of developing for several different sets of hardware. Once they got enough scale and could have enough engineers along with larger semiconductor orders they could start to optimize and remove the VM.
I was wondering if they’d get this. Car Key looks like an excellent standard, and has vastly responsiveness.

So it has been running inside a VM instead of the metal? That’s quite unexpected
Faster development, quicker/easier testing. Can run multiple iterations of software releases on different VMs. Final acceptance testing has to be done on "real" environments but for dev, VM is the way to go. Only drawback I've run into is when an instruction doesn't execute exactly the same under the emulator as natively. OK, there can also be instances where someone confuses which partition/VM should be used even when it is plainly documented...which can happen when you've worked 80 hour weeks for months.

Faster development, quicker/easier testing. Can run multiple iterations of software releases on different VMs. Final acceptance testing has to be done on "real" environments but for dev, VM is the way to go. Only drawback I've run into is when an instruction doesn't execute exactly the same under the emulator as natively. OK, there can also be instances where someone confuses which partition/VM should be used even when it is plainly documented...which can happen when you've worked 80 hour weeks for months.
Agreed VM is the way to go in dev, but never encountered on embedded devices :)

100% agree. They had no customers for feedback when they started. Now the engineers say they are shifting to a feedback approach for improvements so they build what customers want instead of trying to guess or force their UX on people.
As I’ve been saying for a couple of months, it’s almost like they never tried driving their own car before selling it to us. It only takes a few hours of using it as a real car to realize the software is all screwed up.

As I’ve been saying for a couple of months, it’s almost like they never tried driving their own car before selling it to us. It only takes a few hours of using it as a real car to realize the software is all screwed up.
Oh I think they know. But you know how it is. Pressure from investors to start delivering. Engineers usually end up getting screwed and have to make it “good enough” and fix it later. Same story at every company I’ve worked for. Especially startups.

This to me looks like the engineers were given free reign to program and design the UX/UI and what an engineer thinks is best often doesn’t translate in the real world.

I work for a software development company and if we left it all up to the creatives

A) it would never get finished
B) things show up that make no sense

The flicking things up and down between screens looks cool but I don’t think it’s being used to its full potential and kind of gimmicky at the moment.

I also don’t understand how they thought running 2 apps at the same time wasn’t needed. It’s silly that if you want to do something with music that the turn by turn navigation then disappears. The “Air” logo is just taking up valuable screen space that could be utilized for something else. Not being able to control the audio volume and speech volume separately is annoying because if you have the music low you can hardly hear Alexa among other things. I also don’t see how the current design will work if they add more native Apps to the system.

The navigation is minimal at best. Not being able to filter chargers by level/speed is just poor form and when the route planner is working you don’t know if it’s taking you to a fast charger or not. Also, the time to charge needs to be changed to % because it’s assuming EA or whoever is giving you full speed when from past experiences, I know EA can be hit and miss. Telling me to charge for 5 mins at a 350Kw charger is all well and good but if I’m only getting 100Kw out of it for some unknown reason then I’ll leave too soon. Saying “charge to 45%” would be a better option.

The system has potential and I know it will change with updates but I do question what Lucid has been doing all these years. Did they not get MBUX and Audi’s MMI etc. to take some of the basics and apply to the system.

This to me looks like the engineers were given free reign to program and design the UX/UI and what an engineer thinks is best often doesn’t translate in the real world.

I work for a software development company and if we left it all up to the creatives

A) it would never get finished
B) things show up that make no sense

The flicking things up and down between screens looks cool but I don’t think it’s being used to its full potential and kind of gimmicky at the moment.

I also don’t understand how they thought running 2 apps at the same time wasn’t needed. It’s silly that if you want to do something with music that the turn by turn navigation then disappears. The “Air” logo is just taking up valuable screen space that could be utilized for something else. Not being able to control the audio volume and speech volume separately is annoying because if you have the music low you can hardly hear Alexa among other things. I also don’t see how the current design will work if they add more native Apps to the system.

The navigation is minimal at best. Not being able to filter chargers by level/speed is just poor form and when the route planner is working you don’t know if it’s taking you to a fast charger or not. Also, the time to charge needs to be changed to % because it’s assuming EA or whoever is giving you full speed when from past experiences, I know EA can be hit and miss. Telling me to charge for 5 mins at a 350Kw charger is all well and good but if I’m only getting 100Kw out of it for some unknown reason then I’ll leave too soon. Saying “charge to 45%” would be a better option.

The system has potential and I know it will change with updates but I do question what Lucid has been doing all these years. Did they not get MBUX and Audi’s MMI etc. to take some of the basics and apply to the system.
Yea we will probably never know. But I do know that just about everything you mentioned they are already working on. If you look at the manual, the “Air” logo will have nav directions in that spot. And multiple “apps” open is also coming. I’m confident they will get there. Should it have been more solid from the begging? Yes. But at least they are actually updating it unlike my Taycan which promised OTA updates and never delivered a single one.

Yea we will probably never know. But I do know that just about everything you mentioned they are already working on. If you look at the manual, the “Air” logo will have nav directions in that spot. And multiple “apps” open is also coming. I’m confident they will get there. Should it have been more solid from the begging? Yes. But at least they are actually updating it unlike my Taycan which promised OTA updates and never delivered a single one.
Didn’t you get that email about a “software update” coming on the 27th that require relogging in? The one that I’m convinced is just changing the auth server :)

Didn’t you get that email about a “software update” coming on the 27th that require relogging in? The one that I’m convinced is just changing the auth server :)
I have not gotten an email about a software update. Should that have been distributed widely to all that have had their vehicles delivered?

Yea I’ve already got that update. It also adds some permission changes for Bluetooth.

I have not gotten an email about a software update. Should that have been distributed widely to all that have had their vehicles delivered?
I think they are referring to Porsche

Back