Tap tap hold = close all windows
Tap hold tap = turn on climate control
Tap hold hold = car flash light dance
Hold tap tap = honk horn
Hold tap hold = reserve
Hold hold tap = reserve
Hold hold hold = Reboot system

Hello? Any developer out there reading this? 😆
Which function converts it to its humanoid transformers form?

Not remotely as bad as it looks. I never notice how bad my screen is until I attempt to take a picture and then see how much dust is in my car. Then I spend a few minutes trying to remember where the screen cleaning button is, as I can never seem to find it.
Lucid needs to strike a deal with a matte non glare silky touch screen protector company like Mothca.
Or the other way around.

2^2 = 4 functions
We have room for 2^3 = 8 expansion

Tap tap tap = open all windows
Tap tap hold = close all windows
Tap hold tap = turn on/off climate control
Tap hold hold = car flash light dance
Hold tap tap = honk horn
Hold tap hold = reserve
Hold hold tap = reserve
Hold hold hold = Reboot system

Hello? Any developer out there reading this? 😆
The functions that begin with Hold are problematic, in that, currently, a hold is to open the frunk. How long do you hold and not open the frunk? Unless you make all key functions 3 presses, this is a bit difficult to implement correctly.

The functions that begin with Hold are problematic, in that, currently, a hold is to open the frunk. How long do you hold and not open the frunk? Unless you make all key functions 3 presses, this is a bit difficult to implement correctly.
Morse code then?

Then let’s do
Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
…..
….
Problem solved. 😎

Then let’s do
Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
…..
….
Problem solved. 😎
Do I need a tap teacher? 🤫

I hope they increase the bass. The sound is good but my Porsche has the Bergneister sound system and makes the Lucid sound system sound cheap.
I think you are the first person, at least on this board, to say that about the Lucid sound system! Wonder if @copper has access to a Porsche system to compare?
“Cheap” it definitely isn’t. A lot of folks like “boomy” bass but that is rarely an accurate representation of most music, though it can work well for some hip hop. The Lucid system is a very well-tuned system.
The Burmeister system on Porsches and Bentleys is very good but I have to disagree with you regarding the Lucid. Dolby Atmos on Tidal sounds better than the Porsche system.

I've thought about this a lot lately. Here's the way I'd suggest thinking about the Lucid stereo vs. others:

Imagine a room full of framed photos you've purchased. You have poor vision and Costco cheater glasses. You get a lot of enjoyment from them with your current glasses but you always know that on some level, something is missing. So you go to the optometrist and get a new pair of glasses with a spot-on prescription. You come home, look at the pieces, and...wow. Some of them are just gorgeous - more than you ever thought before. And some are...shit. Like "wow, did I really think this was good? this print is terrible!"

Now you know what you're missing. Your taste has expanded since you can see the quality much better and have no loss of enjoyment. But others were never really good enough and now you're looking for better versions. The Lucid is that prescription that shows imperfections readily, but brings things to life in a way you didn't realize either - it is geared for purity of reproduction instead of hiding imperfections.

It won't always please in the way you're used to, but you'll discover more music to enjoy as a result.

PS: @Bill B I'm with you that sometimes I just want the system to thump along, and I had a similar issue at first. I'd suggest doing a full reboot of the car: sit inside with the fob, lock with the fob, turn on the left turn signal, lock with the fob again, wait until the signal stops and the system reboots. When I took delivery the sub would cut out randomly at times but a reboot fixed it and it hasn't come up since. I do believe a fix is incoming.

That's why you just grab your microfiber cloth and wipe it down without cleaning mode!
There is absolutely no mention of screen cleaning in the owners manual. I actually thought the response was a joke when someone wrote "just hit the button for screen cleaning". Now that I know the button is really there, I am curious about the functioanality. What is it actually doing when in this mode? How long should you leave it on? How often can it be used?

There is absolutely no mention of screen cleaning in the owners manual. I actually thought the response was a joke when someone wrote "just hit the button for screen cleaning". Now that I know the button is really there, I am curious about the functioanality. What is it actually doing when in this mode? How long should you leave it on? How often can it be used?
Go push the button and then post back in and let the rest of us know!

Lol maybe I’ve fallen for it but here goes… it just disables the touch screen and turns it black or “off” so that you can wipe it clean without pushing a bunch of buttons on the screen. It does not actively clean the screen in this mode.

Lol maybe I’ve fallen for it but here goes… it just disables the touch screen and turns it black or “off” so that you can wipe it clean without pushing a bunch of buttons on the screen. It does not actively clean the screen in this mode.
that makes perfect sense. given all the technology advances these days, I thought I had missed something along the way. I was definitely overthinking this one!

that makes perfect sense. given all the technology advances these days, I thought I had missed something along the way. I was definitely overthinking this one!
You thought there would be wipers coming out from behind infotainment screen like windshield wipers. 😆

Oh, that's for the GT owners. For Dream owners it summons a butler and a quartet to play music while the butler uses a mini squeegee to clean all the screens. What did you thing was under the pilot panel?

I've thought about this a lot lately. Here's the way I'd suggest thinking about the Lucid stereo vs. others:

Imagine a room full of framed photos you've purchased. You have poor vision and Costco cheater glasses. You get a lot of enjoyment from them with your current glasses but you always know that on some level, something is missing. So you go to the optometrist and get a new pair of glasses with a spot-on prescription. You come home, look at the pieces, and...wow. Some of them are just gorgeous - more than you ever thought before. And some are...shit. Like "wow, did I really think this was good? this print is terrible!"

Now you know what you're missing. Your taste has expanded since you can see the quality much better and have no loss of enjoyment. But others were never really good enough and now you're looking for better versions. The Lucid is that prescription that shows imperfections readily, but brings things to life in a way you didn't realize either - it is geared for purity of reproduction instead of hiding imperfections.

It won't always please in the way you're used to, but you'll discover more music to enjoy as a result.

PS: @Bill B I'm with you that sometimes I just want the system to thump along, and I had a similar issue at first. I'd suggest doing a full reboot of the car: sit inside with the fob, lock with the fob, turn on the left turn signal, lock with the fob again, wait until the signal stops and the system reboots. When I took delivery the sub would cut out randomly at times but a reboot fixed it and it hasn't come up since. I do believe a fix is incoming.
Wow I'm going to give that a try. I signed up for Tidal and the sound quality improved alot.

any one know when this release will be rolled out to the masses?
Seems pretty delayed for such a small update. Lucid has gone back to its hunker down mode and say/do nothing while the recall is underway by the look of it.

I was told that @hydbob or his trial cohorts gave 1.2.5 a failing grade, it will not be released. The next release will be a different version and is now targeted for the end of June. Was previously targeted for end of May. Hence, I don't have much confidence in those dates.

You thought there would be wipers coming out from behind infotainment screen like windshield wipers. 😆
It would have been great if the screen wiped itself (I know I know) every time it was retracted. All you need is a soft roller and a screen cover to avoid any potential scratching of the screen

Back