Random squeal.

roKapl99

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
I am getting a random squeal and or thud when stepping on the accelerator from a stop position. Sometimes car shakes a bit when it happens. Very random. Hard to reproduce. Any thoughts about possible cause?

Is it more likely to happen under rapid acceleration than easy acceleration. I had a shudder that you could hear and feel under rapid acceleration but no squeal. My rear drive unit was replaced to fix it.

I get a similar thud/clunk (mild) when accelerating from a stop. Not sure if this is just engagement of the motor? Expected?

I get a similar thud/clunk (mild) when accelerating from a stop. Not sure if this is just engagement of the motor? Expected?
The thud I am getting is not mild, quite loud, but very random.

The thud I am getting is not mild, quite loud, but very random.
Try to capture it on video. Not only will that be interesting to all of us, but you can submit it to Lucid for consideration.

I actually tried yesterday to record it. Of course during my round trip to Naples from Marco Island (40 minutes each way) didn't happen once. I'll keep trying to capture the audio.

I have not had this issue since applying the latest update.

Ah, maybe you hit on the cause. My wife hasn't been in the car since the latest software update.

Back