Radio reception

pbloomst

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Is it just my vehicle or is reception terrible for everything coming through the radio: FM, HD FM, streaming? I can't get through a song without having it cut out at least once.

Yeah, I’ve always had verrrry poor radio reception with my Dream.

I'm surprised how bad it is over the antenna from a very local station. I'll often stream it on iHeart radio because the quality is better

I use the radio daily and my reception has been fine. Although I will add that i was in the garage one day with both the AGT and my garage radio on the same station. There was a micro second delay between the two sources. Strange - not sure how Lucid is processing the terrestrial signal through their system but is is slightly behind my old fashioned radio.

My reception is also horrible. My service guy said it is because the car wants HD radio so any non-HD stations won't come in. Sounds suspect to me.

My radio has been fine so far. I usually listen 2 local stations and both have been flawless so far.

My local npr station (WGBH) has another station interfere with it when I’m driving through Needham, and the tower is in Milton only like 10 miles away. I checked the FCC station map, and the nearest other 89.7 station is over 100 miles away. It’s weird that the other station takes over when I get _closer_ to the transmission tower.

Radio reception is weak. I live in San Diego and the local stations should have no issue. However, they frequently drop when driving around town or when stopped under overpasses. Just poor antenna design.

I can confirm as well. Dropped my vehicle off for service today for other items. FM gets staticy and cuts in and out. The rental Mercedes FM worked fine the entire 30 mile drive home. @mcr16 is this a known issue that is being addressed by Lucid? Thanks!!!

This is might be a dumb question but I’m new to the car so bear with me. I’ve set all of my favorite FM radio stations. Is there an easy way to toggle between them? I’ve tried using the arrow buttons on the steering wheel but it seems to switch from HD1 to HD 2, 3, etc rather than just going to the next station. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I just have to physically select the next station on glass cockpit?

Unfortunately the arrow buttons only seek to the next station rather than advance along your favorites. Hoping this becomes an added feature at some point. For now it’s tapping your favorites on the screen.

I'm done with non-reception.
"Something went wrong." No sh*t! I know this since my reception just dropped without reason and for who knows how long as I am on a 4-hour trip on I-95.

A year ago when I took delivery on my DE, radio non-recep and drop-offs were tolerable, as a newly produced vehicle. But damn, over a year has past. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING NOW, PERIOD!

I am no longer interested in hearing about workarounds, bypasses, and wire hangers sticking out of the rear window. I should NOT have to do ANYTHING beyond turning on the damn system.

Enough already!

I'm done with non-reception.
"Something went wrong." No sh*t! I know this since my reception just dropped without reason and for who knows how long as I am on a 4-hour trip on I-95.

A year ago when I took delivery on my DE, radio non-recep and drop-offs were tolerable, as a newly produced vehicle. But damn, over a year has past. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING NOW, PERIOD!

I am no longer interested in hearing about workarounds, bypasses, and wire hangers sticking out of the rear window. I should NOT have to do ANYTHING beyond turning on the damn system.

Enough already!
I suggest contacting customer service and filing a ticket. It would be good if Lucid admitted the issue and that they are working on a solution

Is it just my vehicle or is reception terrible for everything coming through the radio: FM, HD FM, streaming? I can't get through a song without having it cut out at least once.
Yes, same here!

I suggest contacting customer service and filing a ticket. It would be good if Lucid admitted the issue and that they are working on a solution
Lucid tech has been to my house approx 6X, they've checked the radio, it still does not work more than 50% of the time. I have called cust svc many times, I am so tired of this problem.

Lucid tech has been to my house approx 6X, they've checked the radio, it still does not work more than 50% of the time. I have called cust svc many times, I am so tired of this problem.
Thank you. All I ask for is stability, at this point. Everything works all the time, great. Nothing works all the time, fine.

It's the unpredictability that is beyond frustration on a road trip or when you're following a news report and then Bam - Nothing.

Just saw the solution to our radio reception problems!

Also, my salute to the spry decorated 90+ Air Force driver!

Attachments

• 20230516_121640.jpg
    20230516_121640.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 115
Thank you. All I ask for is stability, at this point. Everything works all the time, great. Nothing works all the time, fine.

It's the unpredictability that is beyond frustration on a road trip or when you're following a news report and then Bam - Nothing.

This discussion motivates me to share a thought I've been having lately... is Lucid focusing on the right things?

I love the car and I love that they've had a regular cadence of updates but... there's a lot of low hanging fruit that I'm surprised that Lucid hasn't addressed in these updates. I'm thinking of things like HomeLink when backing out of the garage (many key presses) or the ridiculous lock/unlock behavior when a mobile key or fob is nearby for any length of time. I'm sure they have their reasons for fixing some of the other issues, but I think if they mixed in some of the more obvious, daily issues it would go a long way to drive customer satisfaction. Radio reception might be one (although I suspect there's a hardware fix needed here and we're all just sorta screwed on this one).

This discussion motivates me to share a thought I've been having lately... is Lucid focusing on the right things?

I love the car and I love that they've had a regular cadence of updates but... there's a lot of low hanging fruit that I'm surprised that Lucid hasn't addressed in these updates. I'm thinking of things like HomeLink when backing out of the garage (many key presses) or the ridiculous lock/unlock behavior when a mobile key or fob is nearby for any length of time. I'm sure they have their reasons for fixing some of the other issues, but I think if they mixed in some of the more obvious, daily issues it would go a long way to drive customer satisfaction. Radio reception might be one (although I suspect there's a hardware fix needed here and we're all just sorta screwed on this one).
I get the feeling that this car was built with so much tech in mind there was a lack of focus on mundane things. The radio in the tech industry might be viewed as customers still caring about having tape decks or cd changers in cars. I certainly do care about the radio still though.

The mirrors not folding down when backing up because who wouldn't just use the cameras. I can't because the pilot panel is dead atm.

The glovebox not having a manual switch and now there is no way for me to retrieve my Switch.

No button/quick access for folding the mirrors up when I have to squeeze through 2 double parked cars, which is a constant in the city.

But all the tech they put in also has bugs so they gotta squash those first.

I noticed that when a song comes on a FM radio, it shows the song name but it does not show any song albums art logo. Instead it only shows the radio channel logo.

In my BMW, the song’s album art shows up along with the song name/album info.

Is everyone’s car doing the same or is my car lame.

Back