Radio / phone not playing thru the speakers

abbas2099

Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Black AGT
I picked up my GT today. On the way home, I was trying to play the radio. On the screen it shows that it is playing but nothing comes out of the speakers. Same goes for the phone. Nothing comes out. The car's sensor sounds do come out of the speakers but nothing else. Anyone know of a fix? or have this issue?

I picked up my GT today. On the way home, I was trying to play the radio. On the screen it shows that it is playing but nothing comes out of the speakers. Same goes for the phone. Nothing comes out. The car's sensor sounds do come out of the speakers but nothing else. Anyone know of a fix? or have this issue?
Yes, I have had this happen sporadically with streaming apps but not sure about the phone. I also had to have the AM/FM radio module replaced for the same reason.

I would try resetting the car first, lock it and wait for all the screens to go black, then unlock and step on the brake.
Also make sure your phone is set to enable media and phone. Here’s the manual for that section:

I would start with the reset though.

Attachments

• A7E2D85B-D33E-48BF-88F8-6FA7381DDCAD.png
    A7E2D85B-D33E-48BF-88F8-6FA7381DDCAD.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 110
Did you enable phone audio in the settings?

That would be my first guess

I would try resetting the car first, lock it and wait for all the screens to go black, then unlock and step on the brake.
Also make sure your phone is set to enable media and phone. Here’s the manual for that section:

I would start with the reset though.
Great.. thank you … it works now but I do have another question now.. as I approached the car with the FOB or/and my iPhone , the car did not unlock.. I had to use the FOB to open the doors. Is there any to fix that as well?

Great.. thank you … it works now but I do have another question now.. as I approached the car with the FOB or/and my iPhone , the car did not unlock.. I had to use the FOB to open the doors. Is there any to fix that as well?
I personally never set up the mobile key (I prefer just carrying a fob). I have heard a few others on here have issues when having the mobile key active, and the fob present (to be fair, this may have been before the 1.2.6 updates). The car can be slow to recognize the fob at times, I have found it doesn’t like being in my jeans, so I have to take it out of my pocket earlier to get the car to recognize it. If you are using the mobile key AND the fob, I recommend choosing one or the other - someone else here can tell me if it’s working better carrying both. The car has to “wake-up” from its sleep after it locks, so I’d say give it a few extra seconds if it doesn’t open right away. Absolute worst case, it may need a new battery in the fob (highly unlikely as you just got it), or you can try the attached photo from the manual here.

Attachments

• EEF45579-2B56-4608-A054-8D22E5B4EE95.jpeg
    EEF45579-2B56-4608-A054-8D22E5B4EE95.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 89
I personally never set up the mobile key (I prefer just carrying a fob). I have heard a few others on here have issues when having the mobile key active, and the fob present (to be fair, this may have been before the 1.2.6 updates). The car can be slow to recognize the fob at times, I have found it doesn’t like being in my jeans, so I have to take it out of my pocket earlier to get the car to recognize it. If you are using the mobile key AND the fob, I recommend choosing one or the other - someone else here can tell me if it’s working better carrying both. The car has to “wake-up” from its sleep after it locks, so I’d say give it a few extra seconds if it doesn’t open right away. Absolute worst case, it may need a new battery in the fob (highly unlikely as you just got it), or you can try the attached photo from the manual here.
I was just told by my advisor that I should always have both the FOB and the phone. I would hate to leave the FOB at home and the phone doesn’t unlock. Guess I need to play with it and figure it out. I am doing that transition from Tesla so…

Thank you for your reply :)

I was just told by my advisor that I should always have both the FOB and the phone. I would hate to leave the FOB at home and the phone doesn’t unlock. Guess I need to play with it and figure it out. I am doing that transition from Tesla so…

Thank you for your reply :)
You’re correct to keep your phone with the app on you (I do the same). Having the phone set up as an actual mobile key is a different thing! This basically turns your phone into a fob without having to open the app to unlock the car. They would’ve given you the option to set it up this way during your orientation though!

I exclusively use the phone as key but carry the key card in my wallet as a fail safe. The proximity unlock is hit and miss since 1.2.6, so I sometimes need to open the app for the car the wake up and recognize my phone as key. Can be kind of annoying standing there next to the car for 30 seconds waiting for it to unlock. Thankfully, it doesn't rain this time of the year, so at least I've got that going for me...

I use both the iPhone and Fob as a key and keep them both with me. I also have the Valet Card on my person as well. Actually since I upgraded to 1.2.6 I have to get a little closer to the car before it unlocks. I actually prefer this because before if I was anywhere in the vicinity the car would wake up but now I can occasionally move through the other side of the garage without it going through the wake up process.

The unlock is hit or miss for me with the fob alone, mobile key alone or both together. It always works after a couple of tries though. It is definitely an annoyance that needs to be fixed.

I exclusively use the phone as key but carry the key card in my wallet as a fail safe. The proximity unlock is hit and miss since 1.2.6, so I sometimes need to open the app for the car the wake up and recognize my phone as key. Can be kind of annoying standing there next to the car for 30 seconds waiting for it to unlock. Thankfully, it doesn't rain this time of the year, so at least I've got that going for me...
Have you tried the HARD push method on the door handle? On the occasional time that the car is slow to respond to my phone proximity, a hard push almost always works. I push down hard on the rear most portion of the door handle for a half second or so and then release and that opens the door.

I did screw up once though when I thought the door wasn’t responding to my phone so I pushed hard on the handle but it was simultaneously coming out at the same time due to phone proximity. So I basically forced it back in by accident and that triggered the much-reported handle pop-in-pop-out song and dance for a little while.

Have you tried the HARD push method on the door handle? On the occasional time that the car is slow to respond to my phone proximity, a hard push almost always works. I push down hard on the rear most portion of the door handle for a half second or so and then release and that opens the door.

I did screw up once though when I thought the door wasn’t responding to my phone so I pushed hard on the handle but it was simultaneously coming out at the same time due to phone proximity. So I basically forced it back in by accident and that triggered the much-reported handle pop-in-pop-out song and dance for a little while.
Yes, I try that trick often. When the car is in a deep sleep, the handle will push in and stay there and not come out until the car unlocks. I often lock the car by pushing the handle back in too.

Yes, I try that trick often. When the car is in a deep sleep, the handle will push in and stay there and not come out until the car unlocks. I often lock the car by pushing the handle back in too.
Shame. That’s supposed to be a reliable way and it’s always worked for me 😔

Also check the Bluetooth settings here

20220707_150848.jpg

1.2.6 explains it. I never had these issues people on the forum reported taking too long to wake up, it always auto wake up when I open door to garage. Now it is less sensitive. I have to take phone out of pocket. I have been trained not to carry fob anymore as holding a mobile phone will be good enough to make it open. Now it is not as sensitive as in the past, I have to open app from phone sometimes. I only bring out fob with me if I go to an event that may need valet, otherwise, just the card in wallet for emergency back up.

I noticed if the app is open, it woks fine. If the app is closed on the phone it may not open when close. I actually would prefer it that way as I don’t want the car waking up randomly when I am outside or walking the dog.

Back