Questions about Delivery

ken43

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT
I'm expecting my delivery mid-late Nov, so I'm starting to get serious about details such as PPF, ceramic, and delivery location. My DA called me earlier this week to say she expected VIN assignment around end of Oct and said I could either come to Chicago (from Dayton, OH) or they would deliver the car to my home. They prefer a Chicago delivery. My concerns are two-fold about going to Chicago to pick up the car: 1) I have to drive the car 320 miles home and risk damaging the paint before I can get it wrapped/ceramic coated, and 2) if I travel to Chicago to pick up the car and it has a significant defect found during my inspection, will Lucid fix the car immediately or will I have to go back to Dayton without the car. Any advice from those of you who live a long way from a delivery center and have already received your cars? Thanks

Its really up to you. They won't really fix anything with the car the day of delivery unless its like a smudge or something. They'll take note of all the 'imperfections' that you note as you go over the car on delivery day. Then they'll create a bill of sale list of what they will fix. Its up to you really if you decide to take the car that day. If you do, then the service center will reach out to you to schedule a date to have those issues corrected on a future date. If you choose not to (i don't know if you would), you go home empty handed and return after the car is refreshed. At least that's how my experience went.

Back