Q3 Earnings Call questions to Lucid, important that we be engaged

ac.bill

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 Volt, Air GT
Questions to be presented to the panel at the Q3 call can be submitted and voted on by shareholding retail investors. There is a link through the Lucid Motors investor site (available through the 'hamburger' menue in the top right of the LucidMotors page). Unfortunately the top voted questions at the time of my posting this are all questions any investor who has done even very basic due diligence should know the answer to. I encourage you to visit the site, log in, leave meaningful questions, and vote for questions that you would like answered.

Posting as William K., I asked about the potential shortage of delivery trucks that Tesla had reported, asked for a status update on factory expansion hardware deliveries, and asked whether Lucid's early reporting of Q3 deliveries was a sign of improved transparency to come. I think these are each legitimate questions we would all like to see answered. I ask you to vote for them and to post your own valid questions, posting them here as well.

At the time I am posting this one of the leading questions by vote count is whether Lucid will sell cars to the public. Yes, really.
This is our chance as investors to be heard. If you are here I assume you are mature adult investors, but not all who picked up shares through Robinhood are that, or have done even basic research. Most of the questions posted could be answered by simply reading the July 2021 Investor Presentation on that same investor relations page.

Again, I encourage you to be engaged on this. This is our company* and this is our opportunity to speak directly to our employees. Post your questions to Lucid through the link on the IR site, Vote for intelligent questions that you would like to hear answered, and post your questions here as well, so that we can support them.

*yeah, yeah, PIF/"controlled company" and all that.

After reading through all the semi-literate questions posted (favorites about whether Lucid will sell to the public, an idea for a Lucid motorcycle, and whether Lucid might consider making a 6-7 passenger SUV) my brain is melting. I encourage someone to ask about the number of reservations outstanding, and maybe some idea of model breakdown for reservations. How are Saphire reservations going, etc. Incredibly, not one person asked about any of that and I'm out of questions (we only get 3).

Questions to be presented to the panel at the Q3 call can be submitted and voted on by shareholding retail investors. There is a link through the Lucid Motors investor site (available through the 'hamburger' menue in the top right of the LucidMotors page). Unfortunately the top voted questions at the time of my posting this are all questions any investor who has done even very basic due diligence should know the answer to. I encourage you to visit the site, log in, leave meaningful questions, and vote for questions that you would like answered.

Posting as William K., I asked about the potential shortage of delivery trucks that Tesla had reported, asked for a status update on factory expansion hardware deliveries, and asked whether Lucid's early reporting of Q3 deliveries was a sign of improved transparency to come. I think these are each legitimate questions we would all like to see answered. I ask you to vote for them and to post your own valid questions, posting them here as well.

At the time I am posting this one of the leading questions by vote count is whether Lucid will sell cars to the public. Yes, really.
This is our chance as investors to be heard. If you are here I assume you are mature adult investors, but not all who picked up shares through Robinhood are that, or have done even basic research. Most of the questions posted could be answered by simply reading the July 2021 Investor Presentation on that same investor relations page.

Again, I encourage you to be engaged on this. This is our company* and this is our opportunity to speak directly to our employees. Post your questions to Lucid through the link on the IR site, Vote for intelligent questions that you would like to hear answered, and post your questions here as well, so that we can support them.

*yeah, yeah, PIF/"controlled company" and all that.
Great thoughts…I will take a look and come up with some questions

I really hate to throw cold water on the idea of voting in a time when democracy is at such an elevated risk but this situation just ain’t a democracy. Having registered for the opportunity to ask questions on previous earnings calls, I’ve seen the “quality” of questions chosen. This is corporation whose majority shareholders are not going to let anything remotely challenging appear if they can help it, and they can, and do.

Sorry, cat woke me up too early, so a bit crabby. Hope some good questions are raised.

I've been trying hard as well to encourage people I know to post relevant questions since the past 3 earnings calls instead of the "how was your lunch today at the factory" type of questions. Another little tp perhaps is to hit "vote" on some good questions already posted by some and that way you can save your questions for something that may not have been addressed

I really hate to throw cold water on the idea of voting in a time when democracy is at such an elevated risk but this situation just ain’t a democracy. Having registered for the opportunity to ask questions on previous earnings calls, I’ve seen the “quality” of questions chosen. This is corporation whose majority shareholders are not going to let anything remotely challenging appear if they can help it, and they can, and do.

Sorry, cat woke me up too early, so a bit crabby. Hope some good questions are raised.
Our cats must be related.

Yes, the shareholder Q&A voting is mostly just for show. It won't lead to questions being read that Peter doesn't want to answer, but it can inform him about what we want to hear.

I've been trying hard as well to encourage people I know to post relevant questions since the past 3 earnings calls instead of the "how was your lunch today at the factory" type of questions. Another little tp perhaps is to hit "vote" on some good questions already posted by some and that way you can save your questions for something that may not have been addressed
Absolutely. If nothing else, it let's them know we are watching.

Back