Protective Film Solutions - Santa Ana

yosh1993

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT; Audi Q7
Anyone have experience with getting their Lucid wrapped at this shop? I called them and they seem to know what they're doing....prices are pretty standard from what I've seen on this board. Full wrap + ceramic + tinting for $9700 including tax.

Those guys are top notch and highly rated. They were my original option but were booked 3 months out and I didn't want to wait.

Anyone have experience with getting their Lucid wrapped at this shop? I called them and they seem to know what they're doing....prices are pretty standard from what I've seen on this board. Full wrap + ceramic + tinting for $9700 including tax.
This shop was recommended to me by my Lucid sales associate in Newport Beach. Your quote sounds right and they provide a lot of information in writing about all the services they offer. I'm currently expecting to get my AGT this week and I have an appointment for next week to take to PFS for PPF and ceramic in and out. However, in making my appointment, Jason told me mine will be their first Lucid so they don't have existing templates (!) and, in addition, he said they won't tint the canopy and windshield because it's "too hard"! I am hoping to convince him to do the canopy when I take the car in. Please let me know if you learn otherwise. I'll let you know how things go when I get the car back. I'll be leaving it with them for a week.

I know the visor mounting posts on the windshield were a problem for windshield tints early on. Someone on the forum here mentioned that 3M had tint templates for the Air now, so that shouldn't be an unknown any longer. As for the overall effort, a Model X has a similar windscreen, aside from the visors. If they've done those, they should use that as a starting point for how much effort is involved.

I know the visor mounting posts on the windshield were a problem for windshield tints early on. Someone on the forum here mentioned that 3M had tint templates for the Air now, so that shouldn't be an unknown any longer. As for the overall effort, a Model X has a similar windscreen, aside from the visors. If they've done those, they should use that as a starting point for how much effort is involved.
Plenty of people have had the windshield tinted. Not sure why they are refusing...

This shop was recommended to me by my Lucid sales associate in Newport Beach. Your quote sounds right and they provide a lot of information in writing about all the services they offer. I'm currently expecting to get my AGT this week and I have an appointment for next week to take to PFS for PPF and ceramic in and out. However, in making my appointment, Jason told me mine will be their first Lucid so they don't have existing templates (!) and, in addition, he said they won't tint the canopy and windshield because it's "too hard"! I am hoping to convince him to do the canopy when I take the car in. Please let me know if you learn otherwise. I'll let you know how things go when I get the car back. I'll be leaving it with them for a week.
That is exactly what they told me as well. I thought they had said they did one and one was coming this week, but I may have heard wrong. They also said they do not tint the canopy...which I'm fine with because I'm going to see how the heat is before I tint. What tint are you getting? glossy or stealth?

Back