Profiles

laserxj220

Cars
Lucid Touring
Problems with Profiles since the start with Touring delivered late December. Set up profiles for my wife and I. Car seemed to select wrong profile regularly at random with no Homelink and would not change back without exiting for a while. She has to exit car to open gates etc. and is not a happy camper. I shut off my iPhone bluetooth and hid my fob away from the car. Finally to solve this, I tried to remove my profile on settings, but it remains on the top panel icon. My wife was driving today and suddenly she loses her profile with warnings she is not used to, and no Homelink. She now wants a simpler car! Any suggestions?

Well, the homelink needs to be setup for each profile individually.

I'd suggest removing all the profiles and keys and starting from scratch using only 1 key fob or mobile key at a time and then setup the other one with the other keys disabled or put away.

I believe a lot of issues arise from multiple phones being connected while setting up profiles and it gets all confusing, especially since each phone (if using mobile key) will have 2 bluetooth connections.

I've never had a problem with the 2 key fobs I have setup. I set them up individually and separately at the time and it's be working as intended ever since.

Yes we did set Homelink individually, and I disabled my phone bluetooth, but you are probably correct.
I agree we should probably start again, (Just trying to avoid redoing all Homelinks).
Still weird why her profile drops out when driving and no one else in car.
Good to know there is hope!

You can also disable automatic profile detection and automatic settings changing. That was a big help for me. Now, when we get in the car and the profile is on the wrong person, one of us just switches manually. Still takes too long, but at least you don't have to wait for the wrong one to load. Then switch, then wait for the right one to load.

You can also disable automatic profile detection and automatic settings changing. That was a big help for me. Now, when we get in the car and the profile is on the wrong person, one of us just switches manually. Still takes too long, but at least you don't have to wait for the wrong one to load. Then switch, then wait for the right one to load.
It was really easy for me, my wife doesn't drive the Lucid so I don't have a profile for her.

It was really easy for me, my wife doesn't drive Lucid so I don't have a profile for her.
I think we're at most a year away from her realizing she's going to want her own car, ultimately. Then I can leave her profile there but almost never use it.

I think I have solved this, at least for me. Like many, I've had the issue of the car "waking up" when I just walk by. This can happen when I have my phone in my pocket, but not the actual key (I don't have the phone as a key app enabled).

My wife's key is stored in a drawer not far from where the car is parked. I suspected that the car was communicating with her key and when it detected my phone nearby, it unlocked using her profile.

I am now storing her key in a Faraday key pouch. You can get them on Amazon for a few bucks. Since I started doing this, the car has never defaulted to her profile when I get in the car.

I think I have solved this, at least for me. Like many, I've had the issue of the car "waking up" when I just walk by. This can happen when I have my phone in my pocket, but not the actual key (I don't have the phone as a key app enabled).

My wife's key is stored in a drawer not far from where the car is parked. I suspected that the car was communicating with her key and when it detected my phone nearby, it unlocked using her profile.

I am now storing her key in a Faraday key pouch. You can get them on Amazon for a few bucks. Since I started doing this, the car has never defaulted to her profile when I get in the car.
Good info, thanks for sharing!

We just got our Lucid this past week. Still learning how to interact with the car and use all it's features. One of the main issues I'm experiencing is getting my profile to load consistently prior to entering the car. I cannot get into the car if my wife last drove it. The seat is too far forward and it's difficult to bend down and push the seat button due to an arthritic low back. Any suggestions on resolving this?

We just got our Lucid this past week. Still learning how to interact with the car and use all it's features. One of the main issues I'm experiencing is getting my profile to load consistently prior to entering the car. I cannot get into the car if my wife last drove it. The seat is too far forward and it's difficult to bend down and push the seat button due to an arthritic low back. Any suggestions on resolving this?
It sounds like this will be resolved in the next release. Meanwhile, ask your wife if she can do it after she drives. Will probably make it easier for her to get out.

The easy exit feature in 2.1.2 will help this. I have the same problem. I also set my wife's profile so that it will not automatically load.

It sounds like this will be resolved in the next release. Meanwhile, ask your wife if she can do it after she drives. Will probably make it easier for her to get out.
She's about as reliable as the car doing this

This has been my number one complaint with the car from day one.

The new easy exit may help, but in my case I fear it won’t, because my wife is so short she likely won’t be able to reach the brake to get her seat to move back into her position from the easy exit position.

I am hoping against hope that Lucid is rethinking profiles altogether for a future release. It’s the worst part of the car’s software at the moment for me.

This has been my number one complaint with the car from day one.

The new easy exit may help, but in my case I fear it won’t, because my wife is so short she likely won’t be able to reach the brake to get her seat to move back into her position from the easy exit position.

I am hoping against hope that Lucid is rethinking profiles altogether for a future release. It’s the worst part of the car’s software at the moment for me.
I think if you turn on easy entry, and she keeps it off it might work?

I think if you turn on easy entry, and she keeps it off it might work?
So it can be set differently on two different profiles? That’s good.

If she leaves it off, though, I still have the issue where I open the door after she has been driving, and the seat is all the way forward. Unless I set the car to auto switch again, which as I’ve said before, is so flaky it’s easier to do everything manually.

Back