Profile adjustments when linked to a key fob

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I want to express again how very good the drivetrain, suspension, and brakes are in this car. Once you get through entry and boot up..... It really is a pleasure to drive.
Forgive the production quality. I compared the Lucid to Lexus. I didn't time the Lexus, as fast as you open the door the seat is moving. Times for the Lucid and videos if you want to see it in real time. It will be apparent there is no production / editing of the videos.

Lucid
45 seconds lower screen populates
49 seconds the upper screen populates
1:04 steering wheel starts to move
1:08 seat starts to move
1:15 music
1:20 seat is done

Lexus
The Lexus the seat is moving almost immediately

The Lucid UI is built on Android. You'd think they could figure out a low-power sleep mode for it. I wonder if you get the same slow boot-up when the car is plugged into a charger?

With the car fully up and running pulling over and in P for a driver change, the change from one profile to another it is 25 seconds for the steering wheel to start moving and 33 seconds for the seat to start moving. My wife and I have a significant height difference so I will not count time for seat to be complete. That would vary with how different the 2 drivers seating positions are.

That's awful. My Mercedes starts adjusting instantaneously. Hope they fix this before (eventually) I get my Touring.

The service guys said the bootup should be anywhere between 35-40 seconds in this software iteration. Anything more than that and they said it's an issue. I would discuss with them about the timing.

As I previously indicated I have the email and phone numbers for Lucid and the service center. I have sent many detailed notes to Lucid. Take 5 or 10 seconds off those numbers, they still need significant improvement. I started the timer when the door unlocked, maybe they time after the door is open. Your let me think of my best excuse for everything is not going to help make the car better. I'm not frustrated. I'm documenting the ways this car falls short of Lucid's stated goals. I'm disappointed after 7 years of development some basic software functions are far off the mark. A couple weeks ago a press review vehicle the key fob stopped working. Besides changing batteries, I haven't had a key fob problem with any car in the last 32 years. You provide the excuses, I'll provide the data.

As I previously indicated I have the email and phone numbers for Lucid and the service center. I have sent many detailed notes to Lucid. Take 5 or 10 seconds off those numbers, they still need significant improvement. I started the timer when the door unlocked, maybe they time after the door is open. Your let me think of my best excuse for everything is not going to help make the car better. I'm not frustrated. I'm documenting the ways this car falls short of Lucid's stated goals. I'm disappointed after 7 years of development some basic software functions are far off the mark. A couple weeks ago a press review vehicle the key fob stopped working. Besides changing batteries, I haven't had a key fob problem with any car in the last 32 years. You provide the excuses, I'll provide the data.
Hey Bill,

We are in the same boat, as any issue I have I am also documenting as well. When I talk to the service guys, I ask them questions pertaining to my vehicle, and one of them was the slow boot times. I thought I'd share what they told me.

Let's hope they used DDR4 sticks and an SSD. Moreover, used a PC architecture and not a cell phone.

Open source android, as they say in the Star Wars mantra, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

FPGA please, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Hey Bill,

We are in the same boat, as any issue I have I am also documenting as well. When I talk to the service guys, I ask them questions pertaining to my vehicle, and one of them was the slow boot times. I thought I'd share what they told me.
Thank you. I have been communicating with Customer Care and the Service Center. I've been able to share video, photos, and notes. So far a service call has not been scheduled. Lucid has offered to come out, customer care has been exceptional. The consensus to date is to wait on further software updates. I have a couple open items to be answered. I'll let you know if anything changes. For this particular test Lexus is at less than 1 second. Lexus is not unique. Smartphones and iPads can sleep for long periods without using much power and wake almost instantly. We have a pretty good sized battery, if a phone can do it..... It seems there should be some sleep state that can wake up quicker than 30 second+. The software stack for the left side of the upper displays is much faster, but profiles and cameras are a part of the secondary displays and boot much slower. Thus you can start driving before park distance and cameras activate. After my morning coffee stop, I'm typically out of the parking lot before the center stack is up and running again after a brief stop. Old school driving, just the driver and the mirrors.

Back