Pricing info on Ford's V2H solution

I'm not so sure it will need the inverter. At least from their press releases, they keep talking about the Wunderbox and it's capability of converting the battery power back to AC to power the house.

Oddly the F150 has an onboard inverter (for converting DC to AC for the onboard outlets.) Does not seem to be used for bi-directional charging though, hence need to buy a stand alone inverter.

I would think if the Lucid onboard charger has a built in inverter to output AC a standalone inverter shouldn’t be necessary. The $3900 seems to be a materials cost only- I would imagine Ford owners would need to outlay another $1k to $5k+ for install depending on existing home electrical infrastructure.

Oddly the F150 has an onboard inverter (for converting DC to AC for the onboard outlets.) Does not seem to be used for bi-directional charging though, hence need to buy a stand alone inverter.

I would think if the Lucid onboard charger has a built in inverter to output AC a standalone inverter shouldn’t be necessary. The $3900 seems to be a materials cost only- I would imagine Ford owners would need to outlay another $1k to $5k+ for install depending on existing home electrical infrastructure.
I suspect the 150 onboard inverter isnt large just someting like 20 a 120 v or perhaps 30 a. For powering house you need 240 v and something like 50 a and ideally more amps for a large house and dependent what appliances you have.

Back