Post Your Drive Experiences Here

Maverick

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
I saw someone had asked if there were other drive experiences in response to one posted on a different thread. The response was yes, but they're scattered all over various threads. I'm suggesting that we post/re-post experiences here. We already have places where people have reviewed the Lucid. I think this one should be specific to the particular drive in order to get a real-world, point-in-time view into different conditions, weather, expectations, disappointments, range, etc. Also, it may give some folks ideas of drives to do themselves. At any rate, here goes (a re-post from a different thread):

Scottsdale, AZ to Payson, AZ (85 miles)
For anyone in AZ (especially the Phoenix area) who wants an amazingly fun drive, I highly recommend 87 to Payson. There are great climbs (6% or so), wonderful turns, and a lower number of spots for law enforcement to admire the car. The traffic is also typically pretty light - at least when compared to I-17. The drive was so amazing that my son asked me why I was so quiet on the trip. I remember when I replaced my Buick Enclave with a Ram 1500 truck marveling at how easy it was do go uphill doing 80 mph. This is a whole other level. Heading up Mt Ord, 105 was my top speed only because there were just enough curves to keep me honest. It could have easily done 10-20 more if not higher. Curves that I typically ramp down to 65-70 on in my Jeep or Truck were easily handled at 80-85 without appreciable g-forces. I've driven the road many, many times, so I had a bit of an advantage, but I never dreamed how effortlessly it would treat this road. Absolutely amazing and really the first time I have been able to get even close to appreciating the full power, smoothness and handling. Just really, really fun!

There is one downside though - range (though expected somewhat). Knowing that I'd have the AC going pretty good, the speed going even more, and the uphill portion of the trip in front of me, I charged it up to 300 mi in range before I left. The roughly 80 mile trip left me with an average of 2.0 mi kWh, and I only got that bc the speed limit is low once you hit Payson city limits. All would have been fine as I was going to use the dryer outlet to charge the car back. Unfortunately, when I arrived at my place, I found I had a 10-30 outlet, so I need to get an adapter. I should be alright going back as I'm using the 110 to give me another 35 mi in range or so which should leave me with about 160 for the mostly downhill portion back. But it means I'll have to save the unbridled joy of the return for another time. 75 and ACC only for me tomorrow.

But just so fun!

Back