Pocket Casts

Dslee68

Verified Owner
I just recently started using the Pocket Casts app with my Lucid. Does the app sync with the app on my Android phone? I was listening to a podcast in the car and wanted to continue listen to it in my phone but my phone's app didn't continue off at the same place I left off in my car.

And I sometimes get static when listening with the Lucid app. I have to pause and start the podcast again to get rid of it. Is there a way to download the podcasts to my car - like I can do with the Android app - or does it stream only?

It does sync. I've found that if I pause the podcast a few seconds before I let the car go to sleep it's more likely to sync the exact point where I stopped listening, but even if I don't my android phone will remember what I was playing and pick up pretty near the end. There's also a setting in the Android app that's on by default which rewinds a few seconds when you resume a podcast to give you a little context. I leave that on, but one could turn that off to get a more seamless pickup. I did become a paid subscriber, but I didn't think that affects these behaviors at all.

I don't think there's download functionality, but I would welcome it. I park car where it can reach my home WiFi which does seem to help with initial budgeting time compared to when I'm starting away from home on the built in cellular.

Back