Plano Texas Studio Delivery Thread

MorganB

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Touring Silver Santa Cruz
Referral Code
93UMQZHW
I thought I would move the conversation about Plano Studio delivery here since the mods asked that we keep the Tracker topics to only reporting tracking.

I took delivery of my Lucid Air Touring on Friday Dec 16th at the Plano studio. The time was arranged by the team at the Houston service center and based on my schedule I opted for 3 pm. My schedule changed so I called the Studio directly and was able to move it to 2:30. Houston was supposed to send me a Lyft Lux link to get my ride but they forgot. The studio made a call to Houston and I had the link in a few minutes. Upon arrival, Joey took me into the parking garage to see my car. It was parked in the Lucid charger spaces. I took walk around with him and then we got in to pair keys and go over some features. I probably spent 40 minutes with him. He asked for proof of insurance and DL. He was very helpful and happy to answer any questions. It was a very smooth process.

The Arizona paper plate was already on the car. In the excitement I forgot to ask about paperwork for Tx title. He didn't mention it. As it turns out I received the paperwork via fedex today. You do not pay sales tax in Arizona nor at delivery. You pay Texas sales taxes at the DMV office. They are doing SELF Registration here in Texas ( see attached).

IMG_0363.jpeg

I thought I would move the conversation about Plano Studio delivery here since the mods asked that we keep the Tracker topics to only reporting tracking.

I took delivery of my Lucid Air Touring on Friday Dec 16th at the Plano studio. The time was arranged by the team at the Houston service center and based on my schedule I opted for 3 pm. My schedule changed so I called the Studio directly and was able to move it to 2:30. Houston was supposed to send me a Lyft Lux link to get my ride but they forgot. The studio made a call to Houston and I had the link in a few minutes. Upon arrival, Joey took me into the parking garage to see my car. It was parked in the Lucid charger spaces. I took walk around with him and then we got in to pair keys and go over some features. I probably spent 40 minutes with him. He asked for proof of insurance and DL. He was very helpful and happy to answer any questions. It was a very smooth process.

The Arizona paper plate was already on the car. In the excitement I forgot to ask about paperwork for Tx title. He didn't mention it. As it turns out I received the paperwork via fedex today. You do not pay sales tax in Arizona nor at delivery. You pay Texas sales taxes at the DMV office. They are doing SELF Registration here in Texas ( see attached).

View attachment 7854
Congratulations on your early Christmas gift. This is really good information to have for those of us receiving our vehicles in Texas

View attachment 7854
Thanks! I think this clarifies our situation in TX. I assume when I get my actual PA it will have the correct amount owed Lucid less TX sales tax.

Thanks! I think this clarifies our situation in TX. I assume when I get my actual PA it will have the correct amount owed Lucid less TX sales tax.
Yes that’s what mine showed. It didn’t have sales tax on it but the documents they sent have the sales tax calculated.

Congratulations on your early Christmas gift. This is really good information to have for those of us receiving our vehicles in Texas
Thank you! I was super excited to take delivery. It’s in for PPL and tint right now. Was hard to let it go!

does anyone know the times the studio is open and if they're open on sundays
They list themselves as open during "Mall hours" for legacy west which is as follows:

Monday - Saturday |10am - 9pm
Sunday | 12 - 6pm

You might want to give them a call to double check.
7700 Windrose Ave. Suite G172
Plano TX 75024
+1 (469) 954-8835

did the houston team contact you before they shipped your car to Plano or once it arrived in Plano?

Like MorganB, I had my Touring transported from Houston to the Plano Studio where we took delivery. Houston kept up with the logistics status of the transport which arrived well before the 6:00 p.m. delivery time we had set up. The delivery process was smooth. They answered our questions and we did as much of the profile setup as possible. I was going to drive 100 miles the next morning, so they topped off my tank while we grabbed a bite at one of the Legacy West restaurants. Everything went well.

Since then I have had one issue (HV Battery Pack replacement) that required our car do its first round trip to the Houston SC. The enclosed car transport was great and the driver did a good job of keeping in touch especially since he had a 4 hour delay in route due to mechanical problems with his truck. What was really cool is once you get your phone paired to your car, you can track the location in the Lucid app!

Like MorganB, I had my Touring transported from Houston to the Plano Studio where we took delivery. Houston kept up with the logistics status of the transport which arrived well before the 6:00 p.m. delivery time we had set up. The delivery process was smooth. They answered our questions and we did as much of the profile setup as possible. I was going to drive 100 miles the next morning, so they topped off my tank while we grabbed a bite at one of the Legacy West restaurants. Everything went well.

Since then I have had one issue (HV Battery Pack replacement) that required our car do its first round trip to the Houston SC. The enclosed car transport was great and the driver did a good job of keeping in touch especially since he had a 4 hour delay in route due to mechanical problems with his truck. What was really cool is once you get your phone paired to your car, you can track the location in the Lucid app!
Thanks for the info. I’m impatiently waiting for my delivery. I was told on Monday that it would happen this week but I still haven’t been contacted by the Houston team. Growing more impatient and frustrated with a very slowly process - my cars assembly was completed 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the info. I’m impatiently waiting for my delivery. I was told on Monday that it would happen this week but I still haven’t been contacted by the Houston team. Growing more impatient and frustrated with a very slowly process - my cars assembly was completed 3 weeks ago.
Did your DA (mine was based out of HQ in CA) inform you that your car has been delivered to / received by the Houston SC? Depending on their backlog, they can turn your PDI in a matter of days. Someone from the Houston SC would let you know when your car will be put on a transport to Plano...

Did your DA (mine was based out of HQ in CA) inform you that your car has been delivered to / received by the Houston SC? Depending on their backlog, they can turn your PDI in a matter of days. Someone from the Houston SC would let you know when your car will be put on a transport to Plano...
Yea my DA called me on Monday morning and told me my car arrived in Houston and had been prioritized for inspection since I had to wait so long post assembly and payment has been made. He assured me delivery will happen this week.

I finally got someone from Houston to call. Delivery is likely being pushed to next week. Frustrating process

Back