Planning a Cross Country Trip

TRJ_Lucid45

Verified Owner
Cars
AIR GRAND TOURING
DE Number
I have been using ABRP to plan a route from Seattle, WA to Loudon, TN to see one of my brothers. One of the charging stops is in Marion, IL (Tesla) which states that this Supercharger is open to Tesla vehicles and Non-Tesla vehicles with CCS compatibility. My question is whether my Lucid is CCS Compatible and if not, can I make it compatible and if so what do I need to make if compatible.
Also, has anyone used the Marion, IL (Tesla) for a charging stop and if so how was it?

I have been using ABRP to plan a route from Seattle, WA to Loudon, TN to see one of my brothers. One of the charging stops is in Marion, IL (Tesla) which states that this Supercharger is open to Tesla vehicles and Non-Tesla vehicles with CCS compatibility. My question is whether my Lucid is CCS Compatible and if not, can I make it compatible and if so what do I need to make if compatible.
Also, has anyone used the Marion, IL (Tesla) for a charging stop and if so how was it?
Yes, Lucid uses the CCS plug for level 3 charging. Be warned that, because of the Wunderbox, your charging speed will be limited to 50 kw at the Tesla SC. I'd highly suggest looking for an EA in the area to maximize your charging speeds.

I used plugshare to see the charging stations between SF bay area and Ottawa Montréal Canada 8k mile trip. EA was fine. Abrp was not useful.

Lucid isn’t approved for Tesla chargers yet. I think 2025 sometime.

Lucid isn’t approved for Tesla chargers yet. I think 2025 sometime.
You’ve dug up an old thread here, but as it says above, Lucids can charge at Tesla chargers that have CCS support - a small subset of them. It’s just limited to 50kW.

How to Plan a Road Trip Across the Country
  1. Choose your route. This is the first and most important part of your road trip. ...
  2. Choose the duration of each stop. ...
  3. Reserve your camping spots. ...
  4. Choose your vehicle. ...
  5. Make your packing list. ...
  6. Double-check everything. ...
  7. Plan ahead for national parks. ...
  8. Make a budget.

Back