Phone connection

Rosco15

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Hello all,
New owner of a GT. Love the car. amazing driving experience and overall the tech has been working fine. Except recently while the Car says my phone is bluetooth connected and plays music and books fine when I press the phone icon it says the phone is not connected and pushes me to check connectivity which then confirms I’m connected. Again although I am listening to streaming content from the phone when I make a call through my phone the music stops as though the call will go through the car, but I can only communicate through the phone not the car. My IPhone settings says I’m connected to the car (actually to both “Lucid 531” and “Lucid 0531”.

Anyone have a suggestions?

Very appreciative of this forum. Very helpful in learning about the car and appreciate the advice on spare tires, tesla tap and other accessory advice.

Hello all,
New owner of a GT. Love the car. amazing driving experience and overall the tech has been working fine. Except recently while the Car says my phone is bluetooth connected and plays music and books fine when I press the phone icon it says the phone is not connected and pushes me to check connectivity which then confirms I’m connected. Again although I am listening to streaming content from the phone when I make a call through my phone the music stops as though the call will go through the car, but I can only communicate through the phone not the car. My IPhone settings says I’m connected to the car (actually to both “Lucid 531” and “Lucid 0531”.

Very appreciative of this forum. Very helpful in learning about the car and appreciate the advice on spare tires, tesla tap and other accessory advice.
When you go to the bluetooth settings, does it show as Phone + Music?

No, just lists the name of the phone
should look like this
20220707_150848.jpg

Hello all,

One of the 2 connections is for the mobile key and the other is for the audio/phone connection.

On the iPhone, the mobile key connection is the one w/ no options (in phone Settings-Bluetooth menu)... this connection s/b "Lucid-XXXXX" (where XXXXX = the last 5 digits of your VIN)

The other connection is for audio/phone connectivity and should have [phone] options available (like Device Type -> Car Stereo) .. this connection s/b "Lucid Air XXX" (where XXX = the last 3 digits of the VIN)

The fact that 50-75% of the time you enter the car, the Bluetooth Connectivity setting (in the car) is turned off has been reported by a number of us. It does get better in v2.0X, but still exists. Some have attributed this anomaly to iPhone's iOS 16 .. but I'm not sure if that is actually the culprit.

Thank you very much for the advice. The settings were on audio only and after changing to phone and audio all is well. It seems the car changes settings without my input from time to time. I don’t know why the phone even has the option for partial (audio or phone and audio) connectivity. I assume future updated software will smooth things out.

Thank you very much for the advice. The settings were on audio only and after changing to phone and audio all is well. It seems the car changes settings without my input from time to time. I don’t know why the phone even has the option for partial (audio or phone and audio) connectivity. I assume future updated software will smooth things out.
It has that option so that you can have, for example, two phones connected; a work phone for calls and a personal for music, or a passenger phone for music, etc.

Is there a way to set so that car doesn't auto answer an incoming call?

Is there a way to set so that car doesn't auto answer an incoming call?
Either put your phone in do not disturb or switch it in the car settings to Music, rather than Music and Phone

From the owner's manual, right toggle: "Controls the volume for all media, audio, and phone calls ○ Push up to raise volume ○ Push down to lower volume ○ Press center button (<1 second) to play/pause, take an incoming call, or mute the microphone during a call ○ Long press (>1 second) center button to end an active call or reject an incoming call"
If it always answers the call, that's in conflict with the Owner's Manual.

Just checked.
Mine does not auto answer either and the right toggle functionality works as detailed by @MHDave

Back