Parking in NYC

liacrl

New Member

Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Cars
Lucid Air
Air DE Number
1
I was just told Icon parking (a massive garage chain in NYC) no longer accepts Lucid cars. Apparently any damages are too expensive to repair and their insurance policy stopped providing coverage. I know this happened with Rivian cars so I am not entirely surprised.

I am pretty frustrated because I drive to work so I can have more flexible hours and much shorter commute compared to trains, and I can pay flat rate at my office's building Icon garage. I don't even know if other parking garages are doing the same.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this or has any Intel if other parking garages are doing the same. If this is a trend I wish Lucid would have a disclaimer or a deal with insurance companies to avoid this.
 
I was just told Icon parking (a massive garage chain in NYC) no longer accepts Lucid cars. Apparently any damages are too expensive to repair and their insurance policy stopped providing coverage. I know this happened with Rivian cars so I am not entirely surprised.

I am pretty frustrated because I drive to work so I can have more flexible hours and much shorter commute compared to trains, and I can pay flat rate at my office's building Icon garage. I don't even know if other parking garages are doing the same.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this or has any Intel if other parking garages are doing the same. If this is a trend I wish Lucid would have a disclaimer or a deal with insurance companies to avoid this.
Ask if you can sign a waiver?
 
Add this to congestion pricing and higher tolls and driving to the city no longer makes sense to me
 
I search about this and found a few things about Icon parking:

* They refuse Tesla and Rivian for valet parking. I'm guessing Lucid is being added to that list.
* They consider any car over 181 inches length, or 65 inches high to be oversized, charging $15/day extra
* They do not allow Cybertrucks

The insurance reason given by the original poster makes me think they are talking about valet parking? Every self park garage I've used specifically disclaims any damage liability.
 
I search about this and found a few things about Icon parking:

* They refuse Tesla and Rivian for valet parking. I'm guessing Lucid is being added to that list.
* They consider any car over 181 inches length, or 65 inches high to be oversized, charging $15/day extra
* They do not allow Cybertrucks

The insurance reason given by the original poster makes me think they are talking about valet parking? Every self park garage I've used specifically disclaims any damage liability.
All Icon (and pretty much all other places) are valet parking in NYC. They have very limited space so you are rarely allowed to park yourself. That's probably why they don't want to deal with vehicles the attendants don't understand how to operate.
 
The cost to repair a Lucid seems to quickly result in them getting totaled. This might also be due to the lack of certified repair shops. Lucid are easy to buy, hard to service or repair.
 
The cost to repair a Lucid seems to quickly result in them getting totaled. This might also be due to the lack of certified repair shops. Lucid are easy to buy, hard to service or repair.
My insurance for the Lucid Gravity Dream Edition is double the cost of my '25 Durango Hellcat, yet the Gravity is 60% more than the Durango in MSRP
 
The cost to repair a Lucid seems to quickly result in them getting totaled. This might also be due to the lack of certified repair shops. Lucid are easy to buy, hard to service or repair.
I'll dispute your "easy to buy" statement based on what I went through when I got my GGT 🙂
 
I just found out about this one myself - after being told by Icon (where I park my current car) that the Lucid would be no problem. I pick up my new Gravity tomorrow, so this was a bit of a shock/problem. (I live in NYC, so not having parking really isn't an option).

Icon/the garage finally relented - in return for collecting $100+ per month than they originally quoted me. (At least I get free charging). I am working on other solutions as we speak...
 
Back
Top