Opinion - ICE and EV

Sid432

Referral Code - X1VWPQ1V
Cars
AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
Referral Code
X1VWPQ1V
Hey guys - My Touring has left the factory and en route to Chicago for PDI and I am in the middle of securing financing/leasing option.

As an early adopter, I hope that I don't encounter any major problem that will take the car out of service especially when the SC is ~ 3 hours (NY) from my place as King of Prussia SC is due to be open (not sure when). Also, to set my expectation from beginning, I would probably encounter few issues here and there that leads me to wonder if I should keep my ICE as well (just in case) as a backup.

I was planning to sell my Audi Q5 and take that equity towards my goal of putting 50% in cash and 50% in financing. However, given the unexpected, would it make sense to keep ICE (keep in mind that I still owe ~16K on the ICE) or I should be fine with Air (First time EV owner). I don't want to have two car payments either. In an event, if I decide to keep ICE, then I will just pay the car out and will be left with Air car payments

If you guys want more details, feel free to ask and I will happily respond. So, should I keep my ICE or sell it?

Thanks guys - I am convinced to sell my ICE. I mean I drive 2010 Corolla as my local errands as well that my wife uses (how worse could it be than this :)?).
AT will replace my Q5, and I can take the equity from that car and put towards the down payment....

Back