Offline since 7-10 days ago and we are going crazy

Jack123

Reaction score
Cars
Turing
We’ve only had the car for two months, and it went offline twice on us. The first time a mobile tech came out and he said he didn’t see this very often and he took hours to troubleshoot before he was finally able to fix it. Then it happened again 7-10 days ago, and I called Lucid 3 times and still have not heard back .
Each time this happens, we can’t use the navigation, the highway assist, the clock, etc
my wife is so annoyed she wants to go back to to Tesla . I like the way lucid drives but the software and user experience is a nightmare.

We called the customer service and they took down our contact information and said they would call us back to make an appt. Wtf? Why does something like that even take multiple steps ??

I can see why you'd be annoyed. It sounds like there is a serious connectivity issue with the vehicle. I'm not sure why it's been so hard to diagnose on their end. The behavior is not typical, I haven't seen any extended drops in connectivity like that. I have seen short term issues, though, such as when I'm parked outside, right on the limit of my wifi range, it'll sometimes take a little while for the car to realize that wifi isn't an option as I pull away from the house....right into a known cellular dead spot in town where I might get stuck at the light. Once once I'm clear of that intersection will it show that 'online navigation' is back (I assume it was using offline maps prior to that point, which I've downloaded for my state and several more that surround us).

I hope you're able to get it resolved and that you don't have to revert to a Tesla. This drives considerably better and is evolving quickly. The stated vision of the company is an exciting one, and their software platform is considerably further ahead than other manufacturers.

That said, I do wish that Lucid would scale up their customer service and service center capacity, acknowledging that as a young manufacturer, they're going to face more issues per vehicle than a company which has been in the business of assembling, delivering and supporting finished vehicles for a long period of time, and to allow for the fact that they do not have a dealer network providing service on their behalf. It's all on them.

Back