Odd CarPlay behavior

MGRMLN

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
AGT/570S Spider/Cayenne
Referral Code
Y5OFBG6Z
I use Waze on CarPlay exclusively and I'd say 95% of the time, everything works flawlessly. I walk up to the car, the car unlocks quickly via mobile key and by the time I'm inside and putting my seat belt on, Waze is already up on the cockpit display.

However, occasionally, I'll get in and the display is on the Home Screen. No CarPlay. I have to go into Settings->Connectivity->Devices, find my phone and the CarPlay icon is not selected.
When I touch the CarPlay icon, the pilot panel says CarPlay starting...
Any ideas why it might be doing this?

I plug my car in every night (LHC) but now that you mention it, it never happens when I'm out and about, only after charging.
Also, I hate the way the car immediately starts charging again when waking. I have the car set to charge after 10:00 PM, but even though fully charged, it tries to "top off" for 5 mins right when I get to the car in the morning.

I've only had mine for a few days, but I've noticed something similar. It seems like 50% of the time I get in the car, CarPlay isn't connected. I haven't thought to check to see if it's only after being on the charger at home, but it very well may be.

I plug my car in every night (LHC) but now that you mention it, it never happens when I'm out and about, only after charging.
Also, I hate the way the car immediately starts charging again when waking. I have the car set to charge after 10:00 PM, but even though fully charged, it tries to "top off" for 5 mins right when I get to the car in the morning.
Yeah I also hate the top off. It’s annoying waiting for that to finish before unplugging

Back