Observations from an AGT Road Trip

DevTech

Cars
Touring
My wife and I took a road trip to visit families and friends for a couple of week around Thanksgiving in our AGT. I thought I would share a little of our experience.

The first day we charged at EA stations twice – or attempted to. The first charge was hassle free. The second, late at night, was not. It was at a Walmart. All the plugs were working. We watched a Mach E and a Ioniq 5 charge at the plugs that would not initiate charging for us. The EA rep tried everything before we gave up. The Lucid rep said that he had the same reported problem for a Lucid at that station the week before. We finally gave up – but fortunately had enough charge to travel 80 miles the next morning to another EA charger on our route we had no issues.

We had no other issues with EA chargers for the rest of the trip, except encountering a couple of down chargers at stations and some that limited the charge rate. We may have just ben lucky, but we never had to wait for a charger.

HA worked consistently well for us. Like some others who have mentioned this, I was not particularly comfortable with the lane centering when passing semi-trailer trucks. I would prefer to be further away from the semi than dead center in the lane when passing them. I also generally accelerate a little above my normal speed when passing them. I therefore think that a great feature would be for the lane centering to disengage when the driver accelerates above the speed of the adaptive cruise control and automatically reengage when the ACC kicks back in. As others have mentioned, I think the lane centering should also disengage when the blinkers are activated so that you don’t have to fight the HA to change lanes.

One item I found to be frustratingly useless is the estimated range that will be left at the final destination. That calculation is very dependent on speed, temperature and terrain. In some instances, the estimate was more that 75 miles too generous and could have caused a problem if I had not already learned to ignore it.

Aside from a wind noise issue which my AGT is currently in the shop having addressed, the ride was spectacular. One thing I particularly enjoyed was driving down some very steep and windy roads on Glassy Mountain without ever having to touch the brake. That single pedal control is so enjoyable.

All in all, a great car. I hope that service will be able to fix the few problems I have, including the unreliability of the cameras. If so, it will also become my favorite car ever.

Good observations. Sorry to hear about the EA experience! I strongly recommend you grab PlugShare and use it to find EA stations that are rated 8.5/10 or higher. You shouldn't have to do this, of course, but it helps your EA experience greatly. Also, always check the Lucid app's charging tab when you plug into an EA station, sometimes a white "Electrify America" button shows up there that lets you pick what station you're at and it overrides the billing.

I too agree that it would be nice for HA to be a little more biased towards the left side of the lane than dead center (as most humans are naturally biased to be closer to the left). I also think too that indicators should auto disenage lane centering, because it feels like you have to "unstick" the wheel (since lane centering fights you briefly)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car so far overall!

Back