Next-Gen CarPlay

travelermark

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Any thoughts on Lucid and incorporating Next-Gen CarPlay? I'm partial to wanting it, but also recognize the available information is limited to really make a decision. Hopefully WWDC will shed some light on it a bit more but curious on others thoughts. Also wish there was a native Apple Music on Lucid for Dolby Atmos support.

Any thoughts on Lucid and incorporating Next-Gen CarPlay? I'm partial to wanting it, but also recognize the available information is limited to really make a decision. Hopefully WWDC will shed some light on it a bit more but curious on others thoughts. Also wish there was a native Apple Music on Lucid for Dolby Atmos support.
I wouldn’t expect next-gen CarPlay until sometime next year on the Air. Lucid is not (yet) on Apple’s list of manufacturers pledging support for next GEN CarPlay. And the first cars with next GEN CarPlay aren’t expected until later this year.

I do expect Lucid to want to support this eventually, but they will likely want to finish up Android Auto and about 1000 other bugs first.

I wouldn’t expect next-gen CarPlay until sometime next year on the Air. Lucid is not (yet) on Apple’s list of manufacturers pledging support for next GEN CarPlay. And the first cars with next GEN CarPlay aren’t expected until later this year.

I do expect Lucid to want to support this eventually, but they will likely want to finish up Android Auto and about 1000 other bugs first.
Only 1000?

Makes sense and about what I expected. Hoping it happens sooner though. Taking delivery of my Stealth Touring next month, excited, despite the 1000 bugs. 😝

I'd be a happy early-adopter of Next Gen CarPlay. Per these article, it rolls basically all user interface functions under its umbrella. I do love some of the thoughtful Lucid OS aesthetics, but having Apple's UI/UX polish and customizability could be a real win- especially with their ability to deploy a bug-squashing team.

Here are two articles from February on the Next Gen opportunity:

I'm curious to see if Apple has anything to say about CarPlay at WWDC, which is in a few weeks. Could be some updates announced, including the first cars to implement this. I'd love to see Lucid added to that list.

Also hoping they announce Dolby Atmos support for CarPlay.

I'm curious to see if Apple has anything to say about CarPlay at WWDC, which is in a few weeks. Could be some updates announced, including the first cars to implement this. I'd love to see Lucid added to that list.

Also hoping they announce Dolby Atmos support for CarPlay.
I was just thinking, if Apple were to announce more and mentioned Lucid at WWDC, it would be a huge marketing boost for Lucid just in general.

I was just thinking, if Apple were to announce more and mentioned Lucid at WWDC, it would be a huge marketing boost for Lucid just in general.

Your wish came true today in a different way though ... WWDC announcement for iphone widgets showing up on the Mac had a Lucid widget. Maybe something's cooking between the 2 companies since Apple never does stuff like this.

Link to a tweet that caught this subtle hint. Please retweet this to amplify this.

1686012978542.png

Porsche just announced more new features for CarPlay. Now it's Lucid's turn...

Back