New Owner NY Metro Area

larrycpa

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure RWD
DE Number
One week into driving my 2024 AirPure, Single Motor, Fathom Blue, Comfort Package, DD Premium. NYC Metro Area

So far, so good. My biggest complaint is that the cup holders are too small for my Yeti :(. Having a Mini Cooper and a Chevy Bolt the Air is huge. Lots of maneuvering in the driveway, glad I got all the cameras. Car drives great. very responsive. Love the cameras.
Living in the NYC area dings are a given, and I'm nervous after reading the stories about how expensive repairs are and how easy it is for the car to be 'totaled'
I also figure out that by the time the lease is up (36 months) I still will not have figured out how to use all the features. Last night it took forever to turn off the windshield wipers. Every time I tried to adjust the rearview mirror, I would turn on the dome lights.
The AM/FM radio does not find a lot of the radio stations that are actually available. I have to go to Direct Tune and lock them in.
Alexa, of course, takes great pleasure in misunderstanding everything I say.
Charging. Just for kicks I went to a Level 3 Charger in Town. It is owned by the Town and is half of what Electrify America charges. 80 Miles cost me $5, so 400 miles would be $25. If I am on the road and use EA it would be $50, so it seems that the cost per mile would be roughly the same as in my Mini. I guess it is only a problem on long road trips, but still...
A few questions:
The Owner's Manual cautions against using a carwash, but when I asked the Lucid person handing off the car, he said that they bring the studio cars in twice a week and when he worked in Manhattan they did it daily. What is the consensus here?
Is it possible to turn off the media besides lowering the volume to zero? Sometimes I need the sound off, but like it to come back to the original volume when I turn it back on.
I have a ChargePoint charger installed with 80 amps available to it. Is there a compelling reason to get the Lucid charger? With the $1K credit it is not an expensive switch.

Congrats on your Pure! I’ve got the same color but the AWD version. You’ll love it.

I use a car wash frequently with absolutely no adverse effects. Obviously much depends upon how good or bad the car wash you go to is. I always keep a good coat of wax on my cars, so that helps.

There is currently no way to silence the audio other than manually turning the volume down to zero.

I’ve been using a ChargePoint charger too, but recently bought an EVIQO charger. Both are great and I see no compelling reason to get the Lucid charger unless your intention is to hard wire your charger.

Things may be different, when I purchased mine in January they gave me a choice of $800 credit on home charger or free EA charging for a year.

Press the right toggle on the wheel to silence audio. Press again to resume at previous volume.
I have same color Pure in AWD (got tired of waiting for RWD).
I'M in Orange Co. Second week I owned the car I was parking on the street in The Bronx for a funeral. Cars are made to be used.

Thanks for the info. One of my chargers is hardwired. For the other I will try the Lucid cable directly into to 240 outlet and see if that beats the charge point.
Where on LI are you? I am in Port Washington.
Congrats on your Pure! I’ve got the same color but the AWD version. You’ll love it.

I use a car wash frequently with absolutely no adverse effects. Obviously much depends upon how good or bad the car wash you go to is. I always keep a good coat of wax on my cars, so that helps.

There is currently no way to silence the audio other than manually turning the volume down to zero.

I’ve been using a ChargePoint charger too, but recently bought an EVIQO charger. Both are great and I see no compelling reason to get the Lucid charger unless your intention is to hard wire your charger.

Press the right toggle on the wheel to silence audio. Press again to resume at previous volume.
I'M in Orange Co. Second week I owned the car I was parking on the street in The Bronx for a funeral. Cars are made to be used.
Thanks

That’s embarrassing, I’ve had the car almost a year and didn’t know that. It might be because I always use the center roller for volume adjustments since it doesn’t have that crazy lag the steering wheel control has. I’m also fearful of having that piece come loose which may necessitate a steering wheel change.

Thanks for the info. One of my chargers is hardwired. For the other I will try the Lucid cable directly into to 240 outlet and see if that beats the charge point.
Make sure your 240 outlet is commercial/industrial spec if you're going to be using that, and try not to regularly plug into/unplug from it. Multiple people have had cheaper outlets melt on them - they're not always made for full load for hours at a time. Hardwired is best for both speed and safety.

Make sure your 240 outlet is commercial/industrial spec if you're going to be using that, and try not to regularly plug into/unplug from it. Multiple people have had cheaper outlets melt on them - they're not always made for full load for hours at a time. Hardwired is best for both speed and safety.
The outlet currently has the ChargePoint plugged in to it, so it should be able to handle it Lucid cable( I hope )

The outlet currently has the ChargePoint plugged in to it, so it should be able to handle it Lucid cable( I hope )
The LCHCS can deliver 80A (19.2kw/h) when it's hardwired. You'll want to consult with an electrician to see if your panel can accommodate the 100A 240v breaker that's required. In our case, we have 200A service to the house and the panel had the capacity. It was a also a comically short wiring run (5ft) to where the station was being installed relative to the panel.

The LCHCS can deliver 80A (19.2kw/h) when it's hardwired. You'll want to consult with an electrician to see if your panel can accommodate the 100A 240v breaker that's required. In our case, we have 200A service to the house and the panel had the capacity. It was a also a comically short wiring run (5ft) to where the station was being installed relative to the panel.
Thanks. We have the 200 amps to panel; 2 40 amp breakers to the dedicated charger circuit. Probably a 50 foot run to the charger. I'll have to do some research.

There are a couple of us in Syosset/Woodbury with Lucids.

Back