New owner needs guidance

I think there is something to be said for the purity of rear wheel drive. Assuming, of course, that one is not in a cold and snowy climate. For "feel" I would prefer the RWD car. But one is moving a very heavy vehicle so the extra HP and torque could come in handy.
I know you, fellow GV60 owner. Why are you lurking here? Thinking about switching to Lucid? :)

We need some other options than Pirelli for 21’s… hopefully soon there will be more options

I have a choice between an Air Pure with the 20"wheels and a Touring Stealth with 21s for not much more $. Southern Cal, so pretty nice weather. Should I be concerned about the 21s?
Thanks!
I think you should choose the one that looks best to you at your price point.

People are always going to be paranoid outside the norms ... I've gone through similar concerns with 16", 18", 20" and now 21" wheels and living in Southern California. But 4WD > 2WD ;)

I have AWD, and love mr car, but recently got chance to take short drive in RWD version... I liked it... Might not be as fast, but feels a bit more athletic because of lighter weight and balance..

I have AWD, and love mr car, but recently got chance to take short drive in RWD version... I liked it... Might not be as fast, but feels a bit more athletic because of lighter weight and balance..
What's the weight difference between RWD and AWD? I think I heard the motors only weigh about 70 lbs? But obviously there's other hardware involved.

Either way, I chose touring AWD and 19" all seasons because of the Northeast climate.

I think you should choose the one that looks best to you at your price point.

People are always going to be paranoid outside the norms ... I've gone through similar concerns with 16", 18", 20" and now 21" wheels and living in Southern California. But 4WD > 2WD ;)
I remember way back in the day when 17” wheels were considered huge and the Lexus salesman talking me off of getting them because of the low profile and rougher ride - in a Lexus. 😜 Now 20” is considered small on a lot of cars. I do have 21s on my Cayenne and have never had any issues in over 150k miles and that is a heavy car too.

I know you, fellow GV60 owner. Why are you lurking here? Thinking about switching to Lucid? :)
I was on the Lucid waiting list for a RWD Pure for several years. When Lucid announced that the specs for the Pure would be out in November I cheered. Then they were released and were only for the AWD version. I waited a few months and still no specs on what decontenting had occurred on the RWD Pure. At that time the GV60 Performance popped up in my market. It checked as many boxes for me as the Lucid, just different ones. The key one that I am missing is handling. Peter Rawlinson did NOT design the handling of the Genesis. I do plan, probably in another six months or so, to replace the Michelin Primacy tires with Pilot tires which should give me some improvement in handling.

A golfing buddy of mine just got one of the RWD Pures. One of the pluses for me is that the GV60 is small and I prefer a small car (unlike most folks). If Lucid comes out with a smaller car I would be very tempted and my history is that I do trade in my cars around the four year mark. So, yes, a Lucid could be in my future.

I was ready to leave the forum but a number of members encouraged me to stay.

I was on the Lucid waiting list for a RWD Pure for several years. When Lucid announced that the specs for the Pure would be out in November I cheered. Then they were released and were only for the AWD version. I waited a few months and still no specs on what decontenting had occurred on the RWD Pure. At that time the GV60 Performance popped up in my market. It checked as many boxes for me as the Lucid, just different ones. The key one that I am missing is handling. Peter Rawlinson did NOT design the handling of the Genesis. I do plan, probably in another six months or so, to replace the Michelin Primacy tires with Pilot tires which should give me some improvement in handling.

A golfing buddy of mine just got one of the RWD Pures. One of the pluses for me is that the GV60 is small and I prefer a small car (unlike most folks). If Lucid comes out with a smaller car I would be very tempted and my history is that I do trade in my cars around the four year mark. So, yes, a Lucid could be in my future.

I was ready to leave the forum but a number of members encouraged me to stay.

I prefer small cars also which is why I bought the GV60, but I would have sold it if I could get the 2023 Lucid Air Pure 18 month lease deal. I feel like the GV60 will depreciate faster than the amount paid for the lease over the next 18 months.

My issue with the GV60 is the range for road tripping in the winter. Sadly, you need a big car with big battery pack like the Lucid or EQS to get a lot of range.

Back