New Order in Canada

I am in Ottawa. Reserved Touring last May, ordered it on January 12th and expecting in Spring. Gray, 19", glass roof. Interested in experiences by other Canadian buyers, including availability of $7,500USD price reduction: good for American geese, should be good for Canadian geese!.

I am in Ottawa. Reserved Touring last May, ordered it on January 12th and expecting in Spring. Gray, 19", glass roof. Interested in experiences by other Canadian buyers, including availability of $7,500USD price reduction: good for American geese, should be good for Canadian geese!.
Don’t think Canadians will get the $7,500 USD ($10,041 CAD) credit.

We already have to pay the luxury tax on top of the car purchase anyways.

BC and Quebec folks have tax credits so if you know someone in Quebec that can buy the car for you and then transfer it over, you’ll probably get it cheaper at the end.

My accountant says no tax credit in Ontario.

I understand that there's no tax credit in Ontario and no federal tax credit. Also, there is no credit in Quebec as the price is too high.

My question is why shouldn't LCID pass on the same discount in Canada as it is in the US? A price reduction should be across the board and, after all, is at least partly in response to the Tesla price reductions. Comments?

I understand that there's no tax credit in Ontario and no federal tax credit. Also, there is no credit in Quebec as the price is too high.

My question is why shouldn't LCID pass on the same discount in Canada as it is in the US? A price reduction should be across the board and, after all, is at least partly in response to the Tesla price reductions. Comments?
I don’t think Canada will get the similar price reduction (credit) treatment as our US counterparts as Lucid Airs don’t qualify for the iZEV rebate here anyways.

Only incentive here is to buy the car via a corporation and write it off.

You would be hard-pressed to justify writing off a Lucid, depending of course on the nature of your business, without risking scrutiny from the CRA. Not a risk worth taking for me.

I am in Toronto as well. Reserved March 27, 2022 Pure, AWD, Fathom Blue, SSP, 19” Aero,

Did you get yours? I will be driving all the way from Fremont CA near San Francisco to Montreal Canada through Ottawa and Toronto. Which are the good places to charge? Electrify Canada is not free for me. So I will be paying. Which are the most reliable places to charge in Canada?

You would be hard-pressed to justify writing off a Lucid, depending of course on the nature of your business, without risking scrutiny from the CRA. Not a risk worth taking for me.

I am in Toronto as well. Reserved March 27, 2022 Pure, AWD, Fathom Blue, SSP, 19” Aero,
Did you get yours? Mine is identical to yours. I will be driving all the way from SF bay area to Montreal through Toronto. Can you recommend good places to charge? Electrify Canada is not free for me. Since I will pay to charge, can you recommend the best charging stations? I will most likely be in Toronto on July 27th

Did you get yours? Mine is identical to yours. I will be driving all the way from SF bay area to Montreal through Toronto. Can you recommend good places to charge? Electrify Canada is not free for me. Since I will pay to charge, can you recommend the best charging stations? I will most likely be in Toronto on July 27th
I'd go to Electrify Canada--I've had good success with them most of the time. They've got 150 and 350 kW stations. I've also used Ivy charging network although I think most are 50-100KW stations.

EC is the best bet. Once you cross from Detroit to Windsor or Buffalo to Niagara Falls, there’s going to be Ivy Charging stations at the rest stops on the 401 and QEW but those are hit and miss.

Also note, here in Canada we charge by kW/min.

Sadly, I have not got the AT yet ... But coming soon. So, I don't have any experience at the commercial chargers. Enjoy the drive and all that Canada has to offer.

Sidebar, has Lucid released their terms for lease or financing yet? I was told RBC will be the bank here.

Back