New member introduction

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I put down a deposit for the AIr Pure last October (2021) realizing it would be at least a year until I received a car. Now I suspect it will be 18 months. I can live with the wait. I would appreciate more updates from Lucid. I've already had three different sales reps. The latest, Vincent, has been modestly helpful, but he really doesn't have answers, because Lucid can't / won't give him complete info. I live in central Illinois. The closest Lucid studio is Oak Brook in suburban Chicago and the repair facility is on Goose Island in a very congested part of Chicago. I only hope when I do receive a car that it does not require service. I truly hope that Lucid doesn't become another Tucker (and I'm not referring to Mr. Carlson). I harbor an intense dislike of Elon Musk, so Tesla is not an option. The new Cadillac Lyriq is sold out for a year and lacks the range of the Lucid. To me, range trumps all. I actually had the pleasure of briefly test driving the GM EV1 back in the mid 1990s. I also wrote about automotive electronics and entertainment systems for the Chicago Tribune from 1986-1999. I find the comments on this list well-reasoned, informative and entertaining. Now I return to watching paint dry waiting for my Air Pure. Rich

Welcome!

Back