New member in Seattle, WA

ferius

Reaction score
Hey there!

Got my Air GT delivered about a month ago. Took it for a 1.5 years lease while waiting for the Gravity. So far, I really love the driving part of the car, though I see the head unit needs some substantial improvements (countless glitches, issues, missing features, etc).

I'm curious if there is a one place where all current issues of the Lucid are collected - so at least I can know whether some of the issues are acknowledged by the company or not?

So far I've encountered the following issues:
  • Stuttering audio - audio randomly pauses/resumes every half a second or so for periods of 1-2 minutes; Air logo reboot doesn't help
  • Occasional uncontrolled parallel audio playback from multiple sources
  • Takes about 5 minutes to reconnect to mobile network after exiting underground garages
  • The key fob sometimes takes a noticeable delay to connect to the vehicle - up to 10 seconds
  • Built-in GPS doesn't accept a Wi-Fi connection as a way to connect to the network
  • GPS voice guidance randomly enables on its own (I prefer GPS being always quiet)
  • GPS destination shared from the mobile phone often arrives with a significant delay
  • Sharing destination from Google maps to Lucid app on Android is broken - the marker received by the car is up to several miles off the desired location
  • Some Spotify / Pocket Casts playlists don't load
  • Many features in Spotify / Pocket Casts are missing, the built-in ups are very significantly trimmed comparing to the phone apps
  • The top navigation screen zooms in way too much before intersections so I often unable to see the entirety of a complex intersections
  • GPS map responds to gestures (e.g., dragging, pinch-to-zoom, etc) with a noticeable delays - this slightly improved in 2.2.10
  • GPS guidance randomly stopping when switching to audio, need to re-enter the destination
  • Unable to use top touch screen for GPS guidance, and bottom for audio
  • Audio apps "forget" currently playing media when switching sources (e.g., if I switch from Pocket Casts to Spotify, and then Back, the Pocket Casts forgets which podcast was playing)
  • Alexa is pretty much useless - especially missing printing out recognized text (like Google Assistant does with AAuto) to distinguish misrecognition vs inability to execute
  • Heavily missing speed-dependent automatic audio volume adjustment
  • Missing Russian in keyboard languages - can't search for songs or podcasts in my native language
  • Unable to see the network connectivity status - often it shows full bars while having no actual internet connection
  • Adjusting speed in ACC is very slow and inconvenient
  • Audio volume is very laggy and works with a noticeable delay
  • Unable to send directions from the mobile phone to the car with it is "offline"
  • Right mirror lowers way to much for parking and the level of lowering isn't configurable
  • Missing the valet mode - leaving the car to a valet means giving them access to the online accounts I'm logged in

Hey there!

Got my Air GT delivered about a month ago. Took it for a 1.5 years lease while waiting for the Gravity. So far, I really love the driving part of the car, though I see the head unit needs some substantial improvements (countless glitches, issues, missing features, etc).

I'm curious if there is a one place where all current issues of the Lucid are collected - so at least I can know whether some of the issues are acknowledged by the company or not?

• Stuttering audio - audio randomly pauses/resumes every half a second or so for periods of 1-2 minutes; Air logo reboot doesn't help
  • Takes about 5 minutes to reconnect to mobile network after exiting underground garages
  • The key fob sometimes takes a noticeable delay to connect to the vehicle - up to 10 seconds
  • Built-in GPS doesn't accept a Wi-Fi connection as a way to connect to the network
  • GPS voice guidance randomly enables on its own (I prefer GPS being always quiet)
  • GPS destination shared from the mobile phone often arrives with a significant delay
  • Sharing destination from Google maps to Lucid app on Android is broken - the marker received by the car is up to several miles off the desired location
  • Many features in Spotify / Pocket Casts are missing, the built-in ups are very significantly trimmed comparing to the phone apps
  • The top navigation screen zooms in way too much before intersections so I often unable to see the entirety of a complex intersections
  • GPS map responds to gestures (e.g., dragging, pinch-to-zoom, etc) with a noticeable delays - this slightly improved in 2.2.10
  • GPS guidance randomly stopping when switching to audio, need to re-enter the destination
  • Audio apps "forget" currently playing media when switching sources (e.g., if I switch from Pocket Casts to Spotify, and then Back, the Pocket Casts forgets which podcast was playing)
  • Alexa is pretty much useless - especially missing printing out recognized text (like Google Assistant does with AAuto) to distinguish misrecognition vs inability to execute
  • Missing Russian in keyboard languages - can't search for songs or podcasts in my native language
  • Unable to see the network connectivity status - often it shows full bars while having no actual internet connection
  • Unable to send directions from the mobile phone to the car with it is "offline"
  • Right mirror lowers way to much for parking and the level of lowering isn't configurable
  • Missing the valet mode - leaving the car to a valet means giving them access to the online accounts I'm logged in
Welcome - always happy to see another Air GT driving around Seattle!

Hmm, I thought this was resolved in a recent release. I'm on an older build (2.0.74, I think, but it's being updated at Service Center) and have noticed the problem a few times, but was lead to believe it was resolved. This is concerning. For now, then, I'll plan on just entering addresses directly into the nav as that seems to work well.

Hmm, I thought this was resolved in a recent release. I'm on an older build (2.0.74, I think, but it's being updated at Service Center) and have noticed the problem a few times, but was lead to believe it was resolved. This is concerning. For now, then, I'll plan on just entering addresses directly into the nav as that seems to work well.
Last time I tested it on 2.2.2 - it didn't work; I received 2.2.10 today, will re-test it soon.

Hey there!

That's a great list! A wonderful car with software in rough form.
You'll eventually notice a few bugs with charging as well.

That's a great list! A wonderful car with software in rough form.
You'll eventually notice a few bugs with charging as well.

Lol, thanks for the heads up :) So far I had the charging failed only once on me - got fixed after re-plugging the cord.

I'm already thinking of creating a site similar to lucidupdates.com, but rather focused on collecting bugs and issues - at least to be sure they don't go unnoticed by the engineers.

Back