New member in Boston, MA

zaidashai

Cars
Lucid Air GT
I am a new member - took delivery of a white GT 10 weeks ago. I have been an EV owner in the past ( two Model Xs and a plug-in Volvo XC 90.)

Love the driving dynamics so far, just little nits thus far which are to be expected.

Welcome!
There are at least 3 red GTs and a gold DE in the area, and probably more I'm not aware of. I'm still waiting for mine here in Cambridge.
-Mark

I am a new member - took delivery of a white GT 10 weeks ago. I have been an EV owner in the past ( two Model Xs and a plug-in Volvo XC 90.)

Love the driving dynamics so far, just little nits thus far which are to be expected.
Picked up my GT today at the Seaport studio. I’m on the north shore of Boston.
Now I have to wait for Lucid to register car and receive my plates via mail.
until then I can’t drive my car. Did you have the same experienc?

I did not have the same experience. My car was delivered by truck and they had sent the plates by fedex in earlier. Are they know delivering cars through the Seaport?

I’ve heard of this happening to one other person. When I got mine, I drove it with the manufacturer plates until the MA plates arrived about 2 weeks later. Never had a problem with that.

Check the RMV website. It’ll tell you when your plates have been registered faster than Lucid will.

Not really, My car was delivered home with permanent palters on, drove as soon as DA left

Congrats! I’m in CA….and welcome to the Lucid Family!!! You will LOVE it!! I went with AGT Black w/Mohave interior, 21s—received delivery in April. Whole process took six months from reservation to delivery.

Attachments

• 26896C25-25DE-4313-9F1D-08D531A48F92.jpeg
    26896C25-25DE-4313-9F1D-08D531A48F92.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
10/10/22 and I STILL have not received my registration and plate from RMV.
LUCID Said they have a broker that’s in charge of registering my car.
3 weeks and my car is just sitting in my garage. Unable to drive it.
Insurance company said they will cance my insurance on 10/23/22 if it’s not registered.🤬
1st pay due 10/12/22.
NOT HAPPY.

10/10/22 and I STILL have not received my registration and plate from RMV.
LUCID Said they have a broker that’s in charge of registering my car.
3 weeks and my car is just sitting in my garage. Unable to drive it.
Insurance company said they will cance my insurance on 10/23/22 if it’s not registered.🤬
1st pay due 10/12/22.
NOT HAPPY.

Check the RMV website. You might be registered without having received the plates yet. This happened to me, too.

I check my RMV profile every day M-F. Nothing.
Thanks for the advice. 😊

Ugh. Sorry about that. When I got my Lucid, they used a firm in Virginia to process the RMV registrations. That firm worked in batches, so even though @RichMalden got his Lucid two weeks or so after mine, our registrations showed up the same day. Also, my insurance threatened to cancel, too. That was fun. Oh, and I drove my car a lot while waiting for the license. Never had a problem.

Ugh. Sorry about that. When I got my Lucid, they used a firm in Virginia to process the RMV registrations. That firm worked in batches, so even though @RichMalden got his Lucid two weeks or so after mine, our registrations showed up the same day. Also, my insurance threatened to cancel, too. That was fun. Oh, and I drove my car a lot while waiting for the license. Never had a problem.
Lucid needs to fix this!
Not acceptable.
I should have been able to pay sales tax and register my car on my own. PERIOD

I went to the RMV myself, got plates on the spot. The only snag I hit was that I needed the insurance company to fill out the RMV-1 form, the RMV insists on it. You can't cross out anything on the form. The RMV servicers get very pissy if you say you completed any of the fields yourself. I don't understand why Massachusetts things insurance companies have some sort of holy position in the registration of a car.

I went to the RMV myself, got plates on the spot. The only snag I hit was that I needed the insurance company to fill out the RMV-1 form, the RMV insists on it. You can't cross out anything on the form. The RMV servicers get very pissy if you say you completed any of the fields yourself. I don't understand why Massachusetts things insurance companies have some sort of holy position in the registration of a car.
I was told “only people who paid cash can register their car”.
I didn’t even receive my bill of sale yet.
It’s with all the paper work that Lucid sent to RMV.
Beyond frustrating 😡

Back