Navigation not showing correct direction when vehicle is stopped

CL510

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Has anyone experienced the cursor arrow on the nav system not pointing in the correct direction when the vehicle is at a stop? I noticed my navigation would sometimes point west when I was facing east when I was at a stop light, but then turn around again when I begin to drive east. Then when I come to another stop, the arrow would turn around again and point west, as if I had made a U-turn. This is particularly annoying on the upper pilot panel where it shows direction of travel since the entire map turns each time the vehicle starts or stops.

I took my car in for service on this issue along with some other things, and was given an Air GT loaner. The loaner is doing the same thing! Anyone else having this problem?

Has anyone experienced the cursor arrow on the nav system not pointing in the correct direction when the vehicle is at a stop? I noticed my navigation would sometimes point west when I was facing east when I was at a stop light, but then turn around again when I begin to drive east. Then when I come to another stop, the arrow would turn around again and point west, as if I had made a U-turn. This is particularly annoying on the upper pilot panel where it shows direction of travel since the entire map turns each time the vehicle starts or stops.

I took my car in for service on this issue along with some other things, and was given an Air GT loaner. The loaner is doing the same thing! Anyone else having this problem?
Yup!

Same thing with our Air. However, I found that hitting the "Re-Center" button on the Nav screen corrects the orientation which then holds for the duration of the trip.

I found the Lucid navigation system rather unreliable in the following ways:
> it does not always select the best routes
> if you missed a turn, the navigation system tries to reroute you. But it is very slow to update. Often, by the time the system post the alternate route, I already passed the turn to take it.
> The navigation system hangs from time-to-time. Just yesterday, when I tried to navigate, there was no destination input box. This happens from time-to-time. I can't detect the rhyme or reason why it happens. Sometimes the navigation box reappears. Sometimes it doesn't.

Overall, I think Lucid's current navigation system is inaccurate, slow, buggy, and hangs from time-to-time. I don't know if they can fix it.

I often just use my phone. I will default to Android Auto when it arrives.

I don't seem to have that problem. Could changing the settings to "heading up" instead of North up help?

Mine does the weird flip back and forth thing, even in CarPlay. But that relies on the car’s GPS, so that shouldn’t be surprising.

Does only seem to happen to me at certain places, though. Particularly at large intersections with complicated stop lights, re light cameras, etc. I wonder if it’s an electrical interference thing?

Thanks for your input everyone. I will update on what the service center is able to do. They think it will require a system wide OTA software update. Hopefully, that will come out soon and fix the problem.

This also occurs with Google Nav on your phone. It's really not an issue of Lucid but more to GPS. The direction pointer is a function of changing location and is ambiguous when a vehicle is stationary.

Back