Musty smell?

ellidc

Cars
Grand touring
Anyone else having an issue with musty/stagnant water/aquarium type smell in cabin? It's usually if haven't driven for a bit. I assume it's coming from ac and usually clears up after driving for a long while. Worried water could be pooling somewhere after rains or ac duct work had some bad spots. Would be nice to be able to have total control over recirc and introducing outside air into system. It seems only options are recirc or let car choose recirc or not.

Anyone else having an issue with musty/stagnant water/aquarium type smell in cabin? It's usually if haven't driven for a bit. I assume it's coming from ac and usually clears up after driving for a long while. Worried water could be pooling somewhere after rains or ac duct work had some bad spots. Would be nice to be able to have total control over recirc and introducing outside air into system. It seems only options are recirc or let car choose recirc or not.
Mine doesn't have any lingering smell.
Smells like nothing, or maybe new leather, but I don't notice anything particular. Get it checked

For all the vehicles I have had, I always turn off AC about a mile or so from home to evacuate the cool air out of the ventilation system. Leaving cool air inside can result in condensation and potential musty/mold smell.

Sometimes the drain hose for the AC will become blocked or kinked causing the water to stay in the system. It doesn't take long for the to become stagnant. Probably will require service to check it out.

Pete

Back