Motortrend reviews the Touring

From the pictures it looks like they tested the 20" wheels. I wonder if their comments about the suspension being a little softer than that of the GT would hold on the 21" wheels. Or to what extent the dynamics of Touring are distinguishable from GT if both were on 19" wheels...I suspect practically impossible without back-to-back comparisons and a stopwatch.

They would have subtracted a 1-foot rollout for their 3.1 s 0-60 time. I wonder if Lucid did for their reported 3.4 s.

Yeah, how could they remember what the GT was like if differences are so subtle?

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac. I took my neighbor for a drive down to the beginning of the street and hammered it. Although my test drive was in September with a GT, I'd swear I felt the same neck-snapping torque in the Touring. I had to go to the back seat and sit in it to convince myself that I didn't accidentally get a free upgrade. The article does point out that there's a drop in weight due to less battery capacity and the resulting handling difference. My only "wish" was more range, but the Touring has plenty for me driving mostly in town. I have a road trip scheduled early next month for a 280-mile drive to Palm Springs to test my range anxiety. Very happy so far with my purchase. It was worth the 2-year + 2-week wait.

These performance numbers bode well for the Pure. Looks like every Air will get to 60 in less than four seconds, and even the RWD one will do a sub 13 second quarter!

Back