Monterey Car Week

Lady_LCID

Verified Owner
Did anyone RSVP for the Monterey Car Week test drive? If so, did you get an email confirmation?

Was this an email you received?

Was this an email you received?
I received an email this morning for the invite. My friends also did, so maybe check your spam? I am the only one who registered, but so far no email confirmation with the day/time I selected.

The website was complete garbage. I tried to RSVP the moment the email arrived and nothing was available.

The website was complete garbage. I tried to RSVP the moment the email arrived and nothing was available.
I just happened to be on my laptop when the email came through and immediately clicked RSVP. Even as I clicked on “available” time slots, they would result in errors, because slots were swooped up by others in the seconds it took me to enter my info. I eventually got one. 😅

Yep, I got the invitation, responded right away (within 1 hour), was sold out by the time I got there, I got the same errors you recived for the time slots. I did not keep trying but which I had after reading your post. Congrats for getting in.

Just wanted to give a shout out to all those who did NOT get a successful RSVP to the MCW (Monterey Car Week). I've been going every year since 2013 (except CoViD 2020/2021) and will be there again this Fri-Sun. I do know that I will be at Quail on Friday for "THE" announcement and also on Sunday for Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. I also know that I'm usually crazy busy or napping (LOL) BUT I will be driving up #AIRisotle! Anyone on this forum is welcome to take a test drive in my car! This is NOT a Lucid sanctioned offer as no, I do not work for Lucid but just have the passion! The challenge will be hooking up with me. I will try to return to LucidOwners forum BUT better to follow me on Twitter or Instagram as I'll probably post where I'll be there! Excited for the announcement!

I got my invitation, but it filled before I could say "yes.". I went anyway as others there did, and most everyone there still got to drive the car for 30 minutes. I felt fortunate to drive this beauty, it'is an amazing car and will be worth the wait. I drove the car on the 620 HP setting and it was perfect, not over-powered or too twitchy at all, there is nothing else really like diving this car, the power and handling is fantastic, I liked it more than the Porsche Tycan. I believe the Pure AWD model will have 620 HP, so I wanted to see how 620hp felt and it was perfect. I asked about the range on the AWD Pure since it has the smaller 18 cell battery, and they said they did not have that info yet, but hinted that the larger 22 cell battery may be an "pure option". The guy I talked to was from their corp headquarters and said he was not totally sure about all that yet, but I personally think a larger 22 cell battery option would be nice and I would probably take it if offered with the AWD version since it will consume more power than the 2wd Pure... I took some nice HD pics of each car in every color accept silver, and will probably post a few. These cars are amazing, the paint and finish work are stellar.

4CC2FEC1-2D6C-4D06-AD3E-F6DE19E10EA3.jpg
IMG_5870.jpg
IMG_5900.jpg

I got my invitation, but it filled before I could say "yes.". I went anyway as others there did, and most everyone there still got to drive the car for 30 minutes. I felt fortunate to drive this beauty, it'is an amazing car and will be worth the wait. I drove the car on the 620 HP setting and it was perfect, not over-powered or too twitchy at all, there is nothing else really like diving this car, the power and handling is fantastic, I liked it more than the Porsche Tycan. I believe the Pure AWD model will have 620 HP, so I wanted to see how 620hp felt and it was perfect. I asked about the range on the AWD Pure since it has the smaller 18 cell battery, and they said they did not have that info yet, but hinted that the larger 22 cell battery may be an "pure option". The guy I talked to was from their corp headquarters and said he was not totally sure about all that yet, but I personally think a larger 22 cell battery option would be nice and I would probably take it if offered with the AWD version since it will consume more power than the 2wd Pure... I took some nice HD pics of each car in every color accept silver, and will probably post a few. These cars are amazing, the paint and finish work are stellar.
Are you sure the Pure AWD is getting 620? I read elsewhere it’s not getting a HP bump.

Damn! California is cool, loads with events!

I drove Air passed thru freeway next to Tesla Austin Gigafactory, I wouldn’t dare to enter lion’s den of Cyber Rodeo with Air.
I say do it. If they chase you be confident that they will run out of juice before you do! 🤦‍♂️

@Tesla2Lucid on the last picture, that is priceless with you and all the top guns of Lucid.

Help me out there in “???”

You, CEO, ???, chairman, SVP Design, Suspension Engineer???
David is drive/suspension engineering. Derick design. Peter (CEO) the glue between the two. Zak the glue between me and #Lucid.

Here are some links from their Lucid page:
  1. https://www.lucidmotors.com/company/leadership/peter-rawlinson
  2. https://www.lucidmotors.com/company/leadership/derek-jenkins
  3. https://www.lucidmotors.com/company/leadership/zak-edson
  4. I don't think that David is a VP so not listed

Are you sure the Pure AWD is getting 620? I read elsewhere it’s not getting a HP bump.
With an extra motor how could it not get more power, unless they use a smaller motor up front? The person from Lucid that was with me on my drive told me (620hp) when I asked that question, he set the car I was driving (GT) to 620hp so that I can see what that felt like on the drive. It is early and things could end up different but my understanding is that the Pure AWD will have increased power (620) and also the smaller battery with 18 modules instead of 22, and was told that 18 cell battery is about 440 pounds lighter. I imagine the range could be less with awd/smaller battery set up, but maybe not since the car is lighter? I would not be surprised to see a 22 cell battery as part of the AWD option, which I would take if offered.

🤔 i agree the extra motor could produce more hp but unlocking it for use is another thing. Pretty sure I saw a post where someone confirmed it won’t get the power bump. Afaik, it’s all speculation. Hope you’re right, but I’d be cautiously optimistic.

Back