Mobile Key/Bluetooth Issues After Car Inactive > 24 Hours

MacBain00

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Messages
186
Reaction score
157
Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2025
Referral Code
GXNDSHGL
Like the post says above, after the car is asleep for more than 24 hours, my mobile key no longer works. I have to launch the app and unlock the doors. When I get in the car, the mobile key never connects, and I have to enter my pin to drive. I need to do 2 resets to get the Bluetooth working again. The first reset gets my phone to connect to the car, so I have audio. The 2nd reset has mobile key working again. It seems like this issue started after the last update as I've never had this problem before.

Side note: The car seems to be having issues with normal mobile key usage as it's been significantly slower to respond. Outside of having to unlock my Pixel phone for the mobile key to connect, the lag for the doors to open has increased. For anyone who's had these problems, you know when the lag feels worse than it already is.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to try and resolve this issue. This is a weekly issue for me since I switch to a business car every Wednesday/Thursday.
 
I was experiencing a similar issue, the car would always ask for my PIN to drive, and passive door lock went from sometimes working to never working. I reached out to support about it. I never got a response, but shortly after reaching out the issue seems to have repaired itself. I'm guessing some intervention was necessary. Send them an email and see what happens.
 
Same here. Doesn’t recognize mobile key after a sleep.

When my car was in service they said they don’t even have a way to test that. There’s nothing you can do, it’s just slow and unreliable now.

Compromise Nothing.
 
So this was happening every day/every drive for the last few days so I tried to figure out what was happening. 2-3 resets of the car didn't work, resyncing my phone didn't work, turning off bluetooth and back on in the car didn't work. I had to use the app to get into the car and then the car required me to enter my pin to drive.

I noticed that on my Google Pixel's bluetooth devices, that the car was never connecting - even when I manually tried to hit connect. I cycled the bluetooth on my phone and the car responded again.

I'm going to have to figure out if Google devices log bluetooth device health because it seems like it's crashing in the background and not recovering. I don't have any issues with bluetooth to headphones, android auto in the car, music in the car, etc. It's just the mobile key for the car that seems to stop responding after an unknown amount of time. I will have to start writing stuff down to see when/what triggers the behavior.

At least have a temporary solution that works for a few days instead of having to get my app out and deal with the constant frustration of trying to get into my car.
 
Question for those Android phone users who have NO issues with Mobile Key.

Pull the values for Bluetooth AVCRP & MAP version from Developer Options?

Mine were set to 1.5 and 1.4 respectively. I set them back to default and will report back if I get better results with my mobile key. I know these values are specific to audio and navigation of device with infotainment, but still worth a shot.
 
So this was happening every day/every drive for the last few days so I tried to figure out what was happening. 2-3 resets of the car didn't work, resyncing my phone didn't work, turning off bluetooth and back on in the car didn't work. I had to use the app to get into the car and then the car required me to enter my pin to drive.

I noticed that on my Google Pixel's bluetooth devices, that the car was never connecting - even when I manually tried to hit connect. I cycled the bluetooth on my phone and the car responded again.

I'm going to have to figure out if Google devices log bluetooth device health because it seems like it's crashing in the background and not recovering. I don't have any issues with bluetooth to headphones, android auto in the car, music in the car, etc. It's just the mobile key for the car that seems to stop responding after an unknown amount of time. I will have to start writing stuff down to see when/what triggers the behavior.

At least have a temporary solution that works for a few days instead of having to get my app out and deal with the constant frustration of trying to get into my car.
Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence. I have a Samsung S22 Ultra phone. I have had my AGT for 3.5 years. It has been a persistent problem that was never fixed!
 
Question for those Android phone users who have NO issues with Mobile Key.

Pull the values for Bluetooth AVCRP & MAP version from Developer Options?

Mine were set to 1.5 and 1.4 respectively. I set them back to default and will report back if I get better results with my mobile key. I know these values are specific to audio and navigation of device with infotainment, but still worth a shot.
AVCRP and MAP have nothing to do with Mobile Key and FOB as those use BLE to communicate. If your keyfob is still operational the most likely situation is that something wrong on the phone side - easiest way to troubleshoot is standing next to car reboot your phone and see if passive unlock works right away.
 
My car is back in service and they said Seattle misdiagnosed my mobile key issue and that I had 3 broken door handles. So maybe that’s what’s happening to yours? My car is still there so I can’t test it yet.
 
AVCRP and MAP have nothing to do with Mobile Key and FOB as those use BLE to communicate. If your keyfob is still operational the most likely situation is that something wrong on the phone side - easiest way to troubleshoot is standing next to car reboot your phone and see if passive unlock works right away.
Thanks for the info. I understand how it works and I mentioned it as a potential odd culprit. Restarting BlueTooth gets everything working again (at least the last time this happened), so I'm trying to figure out what's causing this specific device (my car) to stop responding to my Pixel's bluetooth connection. I don't have passive entry turned on. It's one of the first features I turned off.

I know other people have been having similar issues, so this is an information gathering exercise. Could be nothing. Could be something. All I know is that restarting my bluetooth connection (on/off), got my car & phone to talk again so I can open my doors.
 
Back
Top