Metal Roof Touring "In Production" status with VIN Assigned

Dr Chill

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Air Touring with Metal roof. The status changed to in production and VIN assigned a couple of days ago. Anyone else?

You might get it before mine even though I upgraded to glass for the discount lol. Glad to hear they have moved to producing the metal heads!

I got my VIN on Feb 23 and status changed to 'in production'. Still not 'awaiting delivery'. So, ... When I bought my Tesla in 2017, they e-mailed 'in production' and 'production complete' within 2 days. We'll see when the factory actually builds these.

Curious rgiaimo what your order specifics are....dates confirmed, color, options. I am still waiting on VIN with QG on the outside , SC inside.
Chill, maybe amongst the first metal touring ZR, Tahoe
Also if either of you are leasing, maybe share numbers and how 7500 off for lease factored in.
Thanks

Almost 3 weeks has passed and my car is still listed as in production. Hmmm.

Still in production Chill?
I got my VIN this week and believe another forum member did too.
Hope your status has advanced.
Also curious I'd anyone is leasing and their experience. Still 7500 off if lease?

I also ordered a metal roof. Not into the two-tone that comes with the glass roof. And also going to lease. So curious as well..

Over a month since VIN assignment and "in production". Status still unchanged. What's the holdup? Supposedly will get status update tomorrow from DA. C'mon Lucid. I sold my glass roof car 2 weeks ago and miss it.

DA called today and said there's a hold up with metal roof cars due to some part shortage or issue and that cars have been built with metal roofs but are unfit for release as of yet. It's a guess of his but he cannot see this delay taking more than another 4-6 weeks. How reassuring.:rolleyes:

DA called today and said there's a hold up with metal roof cars due to some part shortage or issue and that cars have been built with metal roofs but are unfit for release as of yet. It's a guess of his but he cannot see this delay taking more than another 4-6 weeks. How reassuring.:rolleyes:
It could be something as simple as the headliner part being in short supply, anchors for the headliner, lighting etc.

:(

Message from DA this morning.

"Good morning Mr. ---. Great news, your vehicle has left the factory and is on its way to Riviera! Guess the system never got updated from general assembly. It should be arriving 3/31 and we should be good to schedule next week"

Sweet Georgia brown!!!

My DA went radio silent after we spoke a few days ago and I found out yesterday he was one of the 18%. My new DA called me at 430 pm yesterday saying the transport truck was in FL but hadn't arrived as of yet. Planning on visiting Riviera Beach later today!

A few days ago, I learned that the Touring Metal Roofing will NOT come with mood lighting from the front of the cabin. This source was confirmed with my local studio advisor in Southern California. However, it doesn't make sense why Lucid has given us the idea that there will be one, as suggested in the online build configurator. Has anyone wonder about this too?

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.52.55 PM.png

The picture above - Touring Config with Metal Roof

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.53.41 PM.png

The picture below - Pure Config with Metal Roof

Weird. Looks like someone on the web team screwed up on the CAD file. Or, they at one time planned to have that light strip, but then changed their minds due to operational efficiency. And then forgot to update the web team on the changes.

There have been other issues in the past where the configurator didn’t quite match the actual shipping car. They eventually updated the site for those.

My car was delivered to Riviera Beach late yesterday. The Lucid dashboard just updated to preparing for delivery today finally.

So I have to ask . . . did LUCID provide the $7500 credit (in lieu of the Govt tax subsidy) for Touring configurations with the metal roof ? I was told by my SA that the only way to get the benefit of the $7500 credit was to take a "stock / inventory" cars (Touring), which meant only glass canopy roof optioned. Meaning, the $7500 credit became only a $3500 credit (because the Glass Canopy roof cost $4K). I made the decision to go with the Glass Canopy roof, despite my desire for the metal roof due to 1) assumed lower weight and improved CoG, 2) assumed lower road and wind noise) and 3) assumed lower solar gain.

Just curious, if LUCID gave in on this - or stuck to their guns. No right or wrong answer, just curious.

Doug

There was no $7500 credit on my car.

Back