Metal roof interior shot

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I'm not sure if this has been discussed prior, but I've never noticed this before on the Lucid website. The interior shots of the metal roof configuration appear bizarre to me. There appears to be, for lack of a better descriptive, 'cutouts' in the interior roof. I've never seen an interior roof look quite like this. I have no idea why a smooth headliner could not have been developed for the Pure. The current look as pictured is certainly not what I'd call 'attractive'.

This would sacrifice vital headroom. For example, take the cutout near the bar on the top. If you filled it all in, you would have way less headroom.

I actually like it and think it fits with the similar glass roof setup, just without the glass roof. and As xponents mentioned, headroom is a huge benefit.

I actually like it and think it fits with the similar glass roof setup, just without the glass roof. and As xponents mentioned, headroom is a huge benefit.
Agreed, I actually think it is very distinctive, and with the alcantara headliner it looks good!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed prior, but I've never noticed this before on the Lucid website. The interior shots of the metal roof configuration appear bizarre to me. There appears to be, for lack of a better descriptive, 'cutouts' in the interior roof. I've never seen an interior roof look quite like this. I have no idea why a smooth headliner could not have been developed for the Pure. The current look as pictured is certainly not what I'd call 'attractive'.
I get what you're saying. It looks like it was meant to be a glass roof, but they just covered it up. Which is just about true.

Without the Alcantara liner, it's even more pronounced. But I could get used to it.

And like others have said, it's all about the headroom. I'd bet we're talking 2-3 inches of extra headroom this way. In a car that doesn't have that much headroom to spare.

The headliner is smooth and feels very nice. I was actually quit le surprised sitting in the Pure. I don't think future owners will be disappointed.

We need real photos of production metal roof....inside and out
Probably from Pure owners first as the are now ahead of touring metal folks

I think iirc someone from here had posted pictures of the Pure from the Touring/Pure launch event. Or I think he said he forgot to take pics but assured that headroom space is not compromised

@borski went to the event and has seen the Pure. I think he or his wife actually prefers the interior of the Pure better.

I also recall someone saying they enjoy touching the alcantara headliner haha

@borski went to the event and has seen the Pure. I think he or his wife actually prefers the interior of the Pure better.

Headroom seems the same to me physically, but perception wise is less because of no glass.

I've seen similar before. Especially in performace/track cars. Helmet room.

Probably...

I'm thinking it's the same on the touring hardtop. I'd take a touring on track in a skinny minute...it may not be a GT, but I bet it'll put a smile on your face.

That was me, yeah. I love my DE best, but I genuinely prefer the Pure interior to the Touring interior. Both are great though.

And that alcantara is so pleasant to touch.

That was me, yeah. I love my DE best, but I genuinely prefer the Pure interior to the Touring interior. Both are great though.

And that alcantara is so pleasant to touch.
What is the difference, other than the fabric? Also how does the leather feel different to purluxe

What is the difference, other than the fabric? Also how does the leather feel different to purluxe
Completely just opinion; the leather in the touring feels great, but some of it is textured and while it is clearly great leather I just didn’t love the feel as much as my GT, or as much as the other non-textured leather in the Touring. The Pure is definitely not leather, to be honest, but it’s much more consistent (in that there are fewer materials) and the alcantara roof feels fantastic.

The Touring isn’t a bad interior, and if I wanted the other features, I wouldn’t hesitate to get it; if I didn’t have my DE.

Completely just opinion; the leather in the touring feels great, but some of it is textured and while it is clearly great leather I just didn’t love the feel as much as my GT, or as much as the other non-textured leather in the Touring. The Pure is definitely not leather, to be honest, but it’s much more consistent (in that there are fewer materials) and the alcantara roof feels fantastic.

The Touring isn’t a bad interior, and if I wanted the other features, I wouldn’t hesitate to get it; if I didn’t have my DE.
Wait a minute, the nappa leather in the GT is different from the touring? Wasnt it the same, with just alcantara on dashboard and door panels?

Back