MEGA-POLL: Software Wishlist comments

joec

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Umm, at the top of the Mega Poll we explained why there’s no CarPlay. There’s no need to tell Lucid you want CarPlay. They are already working on it, with a release imminent.

maractwin

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, 1978 Beetle Conv
Yes, but the supposed point of this is to let them know what our priorities are. Skipping it doesn't tell Lucid what we really want.

joec

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Yes, but the supposed point of this is to let them know what our priorities are. Skipping it doesn't tell Lucid what we really want.
What part of they already know we really want that are you not getting? They already know so well in fact that it’s literally one of their top priorities. Which is why release is imminent.

EVCar

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
Even though I'm an Apple user, I personally have higher priorities for other items on the poll.
And the list can't be all-inclusive because surely there'll be things that folks want to add.
I think the mods have done a great job capturing the pulse of the forum.

Bobby

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Even though I'm an Apple user, I personally have higher priorities for other items on the poll.
And the list can't be all-inclusive because surely there'll be things that folks want to add.
I think the mods have done a great job capturing the pulse of the forum.
We are open to suggestions. This will not be the last of the polls. You're welcome to message me anytime with your suggestions.

Just imagine for a moment if ALL of the items on the poll were included in the software. This car would be untouchable in the market.

They will be separate MEGA-POLLS in the future, one for hardware changes and one for bugs. I have been creating them behind the scenes. Funny thing, I'm having a hard time thinking of many items for the hardware poll because the car is so well designed already.

Neurio

Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Grey Air GT
DE Number
Seriously?

CarPlay. Is. Coming.

When? Who knows? But Lucid is working on it. This poll is for things they may not be working on already so that they can get some feedback from owners to keep making the native software even better. Everyone needs to chill with the CarPlay anxiety.

Bobby

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
My number one request is not in the list: Apple CarPlay. Makes the poll kinda worthless, when I know I'm not the only one who wants that.
So the entire poll, with 44 items that were carefully thought out by the volunteer moderators team, is "worthless" in your eyes? Next time, perhaps consider your word choice a little bit more carefully.

Drendino

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
DE Number
Moderators, thank you so much for taking the time to put that very thoughtful poll together. Corporations spend millions of dollars in market research and focus groups for that level of feedback. Lucid would do well to pay close attention.

hydbob

Staff Member
Admin
Verified Owner
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Moderators, thank you so much for taking the time to put that very thoughtful poll together. Corporations spend millions of dollars in market research and focus groups for that level of feedback. Lucid would do well to pay close attention.
We've collectively spent millions doing market research as well! =)

EVCar

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
Funny thing, I'm having a hard time thinking of many items for the hardware poll because the car is so well designed already.
I don't know if this falls into the category you have in mind, or if it's technically feasible, but it'd be nice to have the ability to steer the rear wheels, like in the EQS. The turning radius is incredibly shortened with this feature.

Bobby

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
I don't know if this falls into the category you have in mind, or if it's technically feasible, but it'd be nice to have the ability to steer the rear wheels, like in the EQS. The turning radius is incredibly shortened with this feature.
Will keep that one in mind! Thanks.

EVCar

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
While CarPlay is nice and convenient, between CarPlay and safety items such as 1- ability to unlock doors selectively to avoid uninvited guests, or 2- locking the frunk when in Drive to avoid smashing the windshield, I personally take the latter.

Last edited:

whywar

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Funny thing, I'm having a hard time thinking of many items for the hardware poll because the car is so well designed already.
Here are 4 items.
Install 110v outlets in the main cabin.
Add another wireless charging spot and make it large enough to fit current cell phones. Redesign the cup holders to make them useful. Rear wheel steering.

hydbob

Staff Member
Admin
Verified Owner
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Here are 4 items.
Install 110v outlets in the main cabin.
Add another wireless charging spot and make it large enough to fit current cell phones. Redesign the cup holders to make them useful. Rear wheel steering.
We will definitely add those suggestions to the hardware poll.

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Suggestion as copied from Mercedes EQXX playbook —- instead of a fixed cabin ambient light, have a dynamic option to let ambient light changes color based on ongoing driving efficiency.

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I didn't see that this thread was here.

Myself and many others have the forums have stated a "hypermile mode"
Similar to "swift" and "sprint", I want a mode that will maximize efficiency warning the user of the limitations beforehand of course.

Maxing top speed, slowing down acceleration, etc..

Definitely need this for when you get to an EA low and it's busted and you need to go the distance for another charger.

babwine

Verified Owner
Cars
LUCID Air Grand Touring,
Umm, at the top of the Mega Poll we explained why there’s no CarPlay. There’s no need to tell Lucid you want CarPlay. They are already working on it, with a release imminent.
how do I access the poll? Is it available only to actual Owners?

joec

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
how do I access the poll? Is it available only to actual Owners?