Management departures

svoelpel

Cars
Bolt
The number of recent management departures adds to my concern about real viability of the company in what is becoming a very competitive EV environment. Much different from when Tesla was working thru their early quality/delivery issues. I am a big fan of the car and anxiously await mine. Just getting more concerned as the days pass with minimal production leaving the factory.
Welcome others' thoughts.

They are trying to scramble and redirect the ship. I am a big fan of the car and tech, but the execution thus far has been horrible. The next 2 quarters will tell us what direction they are headed. I already reserved 3 more EVs with the thought of never taking delivery of the Air.

5-15 cars per day last quarter under old management to 40 to 50 cars per day under new management. I don't know why people think management changes are bad. If you're shit at your job which clearly this guy and those under him were then cut the cancer before it spreads and kills you. I'm glad Lucid didn't mess about with this, got someone else in and looks like its starting to pay off.

5-15 cars per day last quarter under old management to 40 to 50 cars per day under new management. I don't know why people think management changes are bad. If you're shit at your job which clearly this guy and those under him were then cut the cancer before it spreads and kills you. I'm glad Lucid didn't mess about with this, got someone else in and looks like its starting to pay off.
They are not bad at all, I agree. Fix what isn't working. The problem is when you say you will make 20k-24k cars then cut that in half and then half that again that's a big issue. If this change fixes the problem good! Time will tell and at the end of the day, there is nothing we can do about it. Just sit back an enjoy your popcorn.

I remember someone saying "why would you hire and put in charge of production the person responsible for Tesla's model 3 initial 'production hell?'" When Rivian got rid of their production guy from Tesla, their production numbers improved dramatically. From insider's info, seems like Lucid is also already improving since the change of management.

At 260 working days per year, and 30-40 cars per day, that puts production at 7800-10400 cars per year presently. Hopefully these estimated numbers reflect reality.

At 260 working days per year, and 30-40 cars per day, that puts production at 7800-10400 cars per year presently. Hopefully these estimated numbers reflect reality.
Well they need to get more going in order to make up for lost time but sounds like they're aiming to get to 60 per day soon. If they do 50 cars per day working 5 days a week until the end of the year it's around 4000 so the 6000 to 7000 is achievable this year with current cars delivered and room to go to 7 days, add additional shifts etc. Who knows, this could be a case of under promise and over deliver. Hopefully people are seeing many Pure's under their xmas tree this year

Well they need to get more going in order to make up for lost time but sounds like they're aiming to get to 60 per day soon. If they do 50 cars per day working 5 days a week until the end of the year it's around 4000 so the 6000 to 7000 is achievable this year with current cars delivered and room to go to 7 days, add additional shifts etc. Who knows, this could be a case of under promise and over deliver. Hopefully people are seeing many Pure's under their xmas tree this year
I’ll believe that when my Touring goes into production! 🙂

Back