momo3605

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
M2, CTR, R1T, Air T
Referral Code
OV9HL03Y
Hey there!

I've been noticing some weird behavior in the last few weeks...i want to say maybe since 2.4.4. But basically my Air won't unlock with mobile key no matter how long i stand or walk alongside the car. As soon as I take the phone out of the pocket, turn on my screen, and then wave it around, THEN the car will immediately open.

In terms of phone. I have an iphone 16 with ios 18. Air version 2.4.10, and App version 1.53

Any suggestions? I checked my Lucid app settings and i have background refresh, precise location, and everything turned on

Thanks!

Did this happen after updating to iOS 18 ? Sounds like your phone is going in to sleep mode which includes Bluetooth, (Which is what’s used to communicate with the car)

Did this happen after updating to iOS 18 ? Sounds like your phone is going in to sleep mode which includes Bluetooth, (Which is what’s used to communicate with the car)
Yea true, i think ios 18 came out around the same time too

Try forgetting the key on the Lucid and repairing, forgetting on all devices and then repairing

I'm on 18.1 now and if anything mobile key is slightly faster. I was on 18.0 for a few months, didn't notice a difference.

My wife on iOS also just reported this happening over the last few weeks all of a sudden. Is the fix for this just forgetting and setting up the mobile key for it again?

Hey there!

I've been noticing some weird behavior in the last few weeks...i want to say maybe since 2.4.4. But basically my Air won't unlock with mobile key no matter how long i stand or walk alongside the car. As soon as I take the phone out of the pocket, turn on my screen, and then wave it around, THEN the car will immediately open.

In terms of phone. I have an iphone 16 with ios 18. Air version 2.4.10, and App version 1.53

Any suggestions? I checked my Lucid app settings and i have background refresh, precise location, and everything turned on

Thanks!
Just out of curiosity how did you get app 1.53??

I'm on 18.1 now and if anything mobile key is slightly faster. I was on 18.0 for a few months, didn't notice a difference.
interesting. Wonder if there's some difference in your settings we can look at.

Many people in this thread noticing the same thing with ios 18. I've also since upgraded to 18.1 and it's the same. I have to wake my phone in order for the car to open. Can you try with your phone locked in your pocket, walk out to your car and see if it opens?

Hey there!

Thanks!
All I saw is 1.52

interesting. Wonder if there's some difference in your settings we can look at.

Many people in this thread noticing the same thing with ios 18. I've also since upgraded to 18.1 and it's the same. I have to wake my phone in order for the car to open. Can you try with your phone locked in your pocket, walk out to your car and see if it opens?
Yeah, I do that all the time. It’s definitely just a little bit more reliable for me lately, I haven’t had to pull my phone out at all with the latest version(s). Worst case it just takes 3 seconds or so of standing there. A month or two ago it would sometimes work like that, sometimes I’d have to pull out my phone, sometimes I’d even have to force quit and reopen the Lucid app.

Back