Lucid touring charging range…

Cardiacjas

Cars
Lucid touring
DE Number
Hi everyone… just picked up my black stealth lucid touring on Saturday. This morning I plugged my car in with a 80% limit. The car stopped charging at 305 miles. 80% of 425 should have meant the car should have stopped at 340 miles. Has anyone else experienced a similar discrepancy?

I suggest you read the FAQ on range and mileage at www.lucidupdates.com. This will answer most of your questions.
Hi Bobby… I appreciate the help. Unfortunately… there isn’t anything in the FAQ that addresses my question. My question pertains to the mileage that my car demonstrates after an 80% charge. Since I have a touring with a max battery range of 425 miles…. I don’t understand why 80% is only showing 305 miles. I truly understand that the final range is predicated upon a number of variables. For example… my car is equipped with 21” wheels. The only thing I can think of is that once the 21” wheels were attached… that the battery will only show a total potential range of 384miles…. If I take 80% of 384…. Then I get close to 305 miles that I got after charging to 80%. Anyone know the actual answer?

Hi Bobby… I appreciate the help. Unfortunately… there isn’t anything in the FAQ that addresses my question. My question pertains to the mileage that my car demonstrates after an 80% charge. Since I have a touring with a max battery range of 425 miles…. I don’t understand why 80% is only showing 305 miles. I truly understand that the final range is predicated upon a number of variables. For example… my car is equipped with 21” wheels. The only thing I can think of is that once the 21” wheels were attached… that the battery will only show a total potential range of 384miles…. If I take 80% of 384…. Then I get close to 305 miles that I got after charging to 80%. Anyone know the actual answer?
Your assumption on what is going on is correct. The Touring’s published range of 425 miles is based on the use of 19” wheels. Both the 20” and 21” wheels reduce expected range to 385+/-. 80% of 385 brings you close (308 to be exact) to the 305 that you are seeing in your car. Be aware that you are not likely to achieve 305 miles of range except in ideal conditions. You are more likely to achieve 80% of that estimate as a practical matter unless you drive very conservatively and live in a very consistently temperate climate and you don’t have much elevation change while you drive. As a practical matter, unless you travel long distances in areas with few charging stations, you should be fine. Just be prepared to be inconvenienced along the way if you limit yourself to Electrify America charging stations.

@Cardiacjas

Fellow Touring owner here as well, also with 20" tires. I am lifetime averaging 3.9 kWh / mile and as such as have a theoretical range of 360 miles on 100% SOC. I say theoretical because I don't charge 1o 100% and if I did, I wouldn't drive the car until it runs out of juice.

Now, instead of concerning yourself with SOC % * 385, you'll be better off with the following formula.

Your efficiency, meaning your Trip A or Trip B kWh / mile (Do not use Since Last trip) * 92 kW which is your battery capacity = your theoretical range at 100 % SOC

So, for me the formula would be:

3.9 * 92 = 358.8 miles at 100% SOC.

Focus on what efficiency you are getting, in your car with your driving style, your terrain, your A/C use, etc... That's the most accurate forecast you will be able to achieve.

Thank you…. Incredible car… although I do admit having range envy for the GT….🤔

Thank you…. Incredible car… although I do admit having range envy for the GT….🤔

Everyone gave solid advice here. For your reference, I have GT and 21”, despite Lucid adjusted 100% from 520 to 516, that is for 19”. My 21” is at 464. And 80% is at 371. I think Lucid defaults 21” as 10% range loss from 19”, but I would believe it’s probably more like 12-14% loss. Still, I love the look of these tires and rim. Great grip, cornering and brake distance. I hope all season Michelin tires come out down the road for 21”.

Back