muhanadkais

Cars
Lucid
Lucid production so far this year:

Q1 - 700 produced, 360 delivered
Q2 - 705 produced, 679 delivered
Q3 - 2282 produced, 1398 delivered

YTD - 3687 produced, 2437 delivered“

Great improvement. Hopefully, Lucid will hit 2k for Q4.

So, they need to hit 2.5 - 3k produced in Q4 to hit their 6k target for the year. Should be very doable, if they ramp up just a bit more.

With any luck, they will do even better than that. And yes, I'd love to see deliveries rise even more.

WHile we axiously await for Lucid to annouce its 2022 production and sales numbers, I thought I would share with you what the rest of the Luxury EV market achieved. This comes from a CarBuzz article, which you can read HERE.

"Luxury Brands
Since they are more expensive, we expect lower sales volume for luxury-branded EVs. Audi's EV sales are as follows: e-tron (7,503 units), e-tron Sportback (2,894), e-tron GT (2,275), Q4 e-tron (2,429), and Q4 e-tron Sportback (576). Audi narrowly beat out BMW with 15,677 EVs sold.

BMW says it sold 15,584 EVs in 2022, which is 4.7% of US sales. The i4 was the best-seller with 9,626 units, the iX sold 5,665, and the i7 sold 284 units. Keep in mind the i4 and iX only started arriving at dealers in March, and the i7 went on sale in November. If you're wondering why those numbers don't add up, BMW also moved nine i3 units this year. Mini does not break down Cooper two-door sales, so it's unknown how many of the 10,197 units sold were electric.

Volvo also doesn't break down sales by model but specified that 7.2% of its sales were all-electric. Simple math tells us that 7.2% of 102,038 equals 7,347 units (split between XC40 Recharge and C40 Recharge). Volvo sold 38,538 Recharge models in 2022, so over 31,000 were plug-in hybrids.

We are still waiting for sales numbers from Genesis, Lucid, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Polestar, and Porsche."

I expect Lucid to sell everything they make in 2023, with European expansion and Middle East sales. Gravity should give another bump in 2024.

I was cleaning up an email box this morning and came across this email from May 27, 2021. It's 19 months later, and I still haven't heard from my "Rivian Guide", and there still has been no "drive tour" in Florida -- the state with the second highest EV adoption rate in the country.

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 12.35.44 PM.png

I was cleaning up an email box this morning and came across this email from May 27, 2021. It's 19 months later, and I still haven't heard from my "Rivian Guide", and there still has been no "drive tour" in Florida -- the state with the second highest EV adoption rate in the country.

View attachment 8477
Sounds like you need a guide to find the guide.

This seems to be common with Rivian ghosting people, changing configs and shifting the goal posts but one thing they did manage to achieve was almost 25,000 units in 2022 after one revision from 50,000 down to 25,000. Had a much better run than Lucid did in 2022 and the demand for the Rivian still seems to remain even after the missteps vs Lucid’s slowing down.

Q4 results will be interesting. Hopefully the release of the Pure may spur some more reservations now that people know it’s hitting the road. If the reservations don’t increase Lucid may have a very quiet production line until the Gravity launches.

. . .the demand for the Rivian still seems to remain even after the missteps vs Lucid’s slowing down.

You may well be correct on this, but are any exact numbers out from either manufacturer?

At the time Rivian tried to impose a price increase on early reservation holders, there were reports that they had lost as many as a third of their early reservations. I don't know how accurate those figures were or how many buyers returned to the queue once Rivian backed off the price increases. I do know that I'm not going to go through with my reservation, although it's still on the books with Rivian. This is not a slam against the vehicle in general, but only because early customer reviews of the R1S indicate it won't have the third-row room we need for replacing our Honda Odyssey, and Rivian's indeterminate delay of the 180-kWh battery pack that is necessary for the range we needed for road-tripping with a load of oldsters also removed it from consideration.

Both Rivian and Lucid will do fine. They make very desirable vehicles. Not having to deal with a dealership is a big plus. I feel the traditional ICE makers lost the plot. Though they are coming out with EV's now, they ill still be behind the curve in execution. Good example is the Merc EQS...packaging is not the greatest. Lucid design looks much better. Rivian offers a lifestyle vehicle with some very nice touches. The traditional manufacturers cannot think outside the box. Hence the success of Tesla.

Once deliveries streamline, I'm sure demand will increase.

View attachment 8477
19 months still hear nothing????

I’m 6 months in queue for R1S. As for my AGT, I got reached by SA in 2 months. I am starting to wonder if Rivian even care to update anything.

You may well be correct on this, but are any exact numbers out from either manufacturer?

At the time Rivian tried to impose a price increase on early reservation holders, there were reports that they had lost as many as a third of their early reservations. I don't know how accurate those figures were or how many buyers returned to the queue once Rivian backed off the price increases. I do know that I'm not going to go through with my reservation, although it's still on the books with Rivian. This is not a slam against the vehicle in general, but only because early customer reviews of the R1S indicate it won't have the third-row room we need for replacing our Honda Odyssey, and Rivian's indeterminate delay of the 180-kWh battery pack that is necessary for the range we needed for road-tripping with a load of oldsters also removed it from consideration.

Rivian allows drivers to choose between three battery sizes—105 kWh, 135 kWh, and 180 kWh for 265 mi, 330mi, 400mi range respectively.

The max pack 180 kWh is not out yet in R1S configuration, so it may be blessing while they figure out their production tweaking. Maybe by the time R1S has max pack battery, Gravity is ready for reveal and order.

Both Rivian and Lucid will do fine. They make very desirable vehicles. Not having to deal with a dealership is a big plus. I feel the traditional ICE makers lost the plot. Though they are coming out with EV's now, they ill still be behind the curve in execution. Good example is the Merc EQS...packaging is not the greatest. Lucid design looks much better. Rivian offers a lifestyle vehicle with some very nice touches. The traditional manufacturers cannot think outside the box. Hence the success of Tesla.

Once deliveries streamline, I'm sure demand will increase.
Lucid focuses on comfort, space and range.
Rivian focused on luxury, adventure and family.

Lucid is current eating small German and Model-S shares while Rivian is eating Toyota, Jeep, and everyone’s SUV and truck shares.
Toyota is no longer king of car sales in America 2022, now that title is back to GM. Unless Toyota and Honda catch up in curve, everyone are eating them. The biggest market share gained is Hyundai. I expect VinFast will be very successful coming in at that price range and history of their good execution.

They dropped the numbers this week……

“On a full-year 2022 basis, Rivian produced 24,337 electric vehicles and delivered 20,332 to customers.

Rivian YTD results (YOY change):
  • Production: 24,337 (up from 1,015 in 2021)
  • Deliveries: 20,332 (up from 920 in 2021)”
700 cars short of the 25K but pretty impressive all the same.

... I expect VinFast will be very successful coming in at that price range and history of their good execution.
I was hoping so, but early reviews of VinFast at CES were not complementary.

“On a full-year 2022 basis, Rivian produced 24,337 electric vehicles and delivered 20,332 to customers.

25k production 2nd year, that is a tall order to beat in 2023.

• Wow
Reactions: DJL

Aren't the majority of those deliveries the Amazon van and not consumer vehicles?

I was hoping so, but early reviews of VinFast at CES were not complementary.
Yeah, seems the paid media trip to Vietnam that was all rainbows and unicorns was a farce. They're even removed all the elements of the battery subscription \ swapping off their website.

Aren't the majority of those deliveries the Amazon van and not consumer vehicles?
Early November it was 1000 Amazon vans so a majority of them are the R series.

“Lucid said in a statement that it produced 3,493 vehicles at its Arizona factory in the fourth quarter and delivered 1,932, bumping its total production to 7,180 for the full year. Lucid's fourth-quarter production total was up 53% from the third quarter, when it produced 2,282 Air sedans and delivered 1,398.”

Back