Lucid prepares to enter China

NoseyReporter

That explains the raise. For sure that extra 3B doesn't take us to end of 2024 / start of 2025. Burn rate must be increasing with these types of expansions.

Aggressive; me likey.

But in regards to Zhu Jiang, he seems like a short timer at every single auto company he has worked at. Lexus, Nio, Ford, and Jidu. Don't know that guy, so I'm not sure if what he touched was successful or not. It does seem like his longest stint was almost 10 years with BMW.

Last edited:
was wondering when they were going to enter since when i was looking at lucid job postings in taiwan, i also browsed their shanghai postings. most were logistic/supply chain posts, but one of them was public policy. makes sense to have a dedicated public policy position in china given their government centered business environment

Lucid Air is nominally a great car for China with its rear sear leg room.

The Chinese standard charging connector is the GB/T. Some info gleaned from the internet:

The GB/T connector can operate at a voltage of up to 1,000 volts AC or DC. This allows for fast charging of electric vehicles.​
Here are the different voltage and current ratings for the GB/T connector:​
  • AC charging: 250 V, 10/16/32 A
  • DC charging: 750-1000 V, 80/125/200/250 A

The more Lucid expands to other countries, more likely they will reach their sales goal. They overestimated the demand in US, Worldwide expansion will make up for that.

Back