Lucid Power Cord Hanger

TVinGB

Cars
Tesla Model 3
I just picked up GT on Sunday and when my DA was walking me through the vehicle, she pointed out that it came with a hanging hook for the power cord. I thought it was interesting that it came with no instructions. Two pieces and a black envelope with 4 screws and a bracket. Anybody install this thing?

Yes, but I needed the forum to tell me what it was! Once installed, works well and looks nice.

4 screws....2 brackets.

The larger one (on the right) is to "hold" the LUCID box in place.

The smaller bracket (on left) is screwed into wall and then the cord holder slides down on top of it.

IMG_7591.jpg

I just picked up GT on Sunday and when my DA was walking me through the vehicle, she pointed out that it came with a hanging hook for the power cord. I thought it was interesting that it came with no instructions. Two pieces and a black envelope with 4 screws and a bracket. Anybody install this thing?
Yes, it’s actually quite simple, but I could not initially figure it out either. Here are a couple of photos.

Attachments

• F4ECB5EF-8816-4DFC-B799-132A80C2C0CE.jpeg
    F4ECB5EF-8816-4DFC-B799-132A80C2C0CE.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 767E1135-7BFD-41E0-98EA-C339CC108917.jpeg
    767E1135-7BFD-41E0-98EA-C339CC108917.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for info about charger cable manual. It would have been helpful to show the drill bit size for the screws, but alas, no. Just a note also about installing the charger itself. The electrical outlet box is installed beside a stud. In order to install the charger directly above the outlet, you will likely need to use drywall anchors if you have wallboard walls. If you want to install the charger into a stud, always my preference, you need to crimp the cable from the outlet to the left or right to be able to screw into a stud. Am I missing something? If I'm correct, would like to see a longer cord from the outlet plug into the charger so it can more easily be fastened to a stud with a smoother crimp. See photo; please someone let me know if the crimping will be a problem, as I'm just a DYI
Note: cable hook not yet installed.

Attachments

• Lucid Charger Install.jpg
    Lucid Charger Install.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 71
Back