Lucid offers Michelin tires on Air

limtless

More info from LUCID:
  • The 20” Aero Lite wheels are currently on production delay and we do not have a range on them until then, but it will be below the range for the 19”s. (less than 406 miles)
  • The 20” wheels are 8.5” wheel width, low profile, Michelin Pilot Sport EV Summer tires staggered with P245/40R20 in the front and P265/40R20 in the rear.
  • The 19” Aero Range tires are not staggard and are All-Season and also fare better in rough road driving conditions.

I am torn, I love Michelin, but I want the range and comfort of the 19" tires...wife wants 20" for looks, but it's going to be my main car. No 19"s produced yet, but how would I know if I get 20" wheels, you can't miss what you never had.

Choices!

I have ordered the 21” wheels for my AGT, but am also considering the 20”. I live in MA, so a winter set will be imporant. But our roads are in bad shape for the first month and a half it would be warm enough for summer tires, and I kinda hope the larger sidewall on the 20’a might pop less often than the 21” set I have on my Tesla right now. I also love Michelin tires, so that’s another selling point over the 21’s.

My biggest concern on the 20’s is look. So many of the details with the Lucid look not so good in their virtual configurer, but look awesome when you see them in person. None of the wheel sets look that hot in the virtual images. The 21’s look pretty good in person though. The 19’s look better, but I still don’t care for them.

I hope an owner can post photos of their car with 20’s early enough for me to adjust my order.

More info from LUCID:
  • The 20” Aero Lite wheels are currently on production delay and we do not have a range on them until then, but it will be below the range for the 19”s. (less than 406 miles)
  • The 20” wheels are 8.5” wheel width, low profile, Michelin Pilot Sport EV Summer tires staggered with P245/40R20 in the front and P265/40R20 in the rear.
  • The 19” Aero Range tires are not staggard and are All-Season and also fare better in rough road driving conditions.

I am torn, I love Michelin, but I want the range and comfort of the 19" tires...wife wants 20" for looks, but it's going to be my main car. No 19"s produced yet, but how would I know if I get 20" wheels, you can't miss what you never had.

Choices!
I have always had very good luck with Michelin tires. Can't go wrong.

Seems like there’s only a 275 option for the Michelin pilot sport EV for 21 inch rims at the moment. Would that work for the lucid air GT? What if the wheels were swapped out for custom forged ones as well?

More info from LUCID:

Choices!
I prefer the looks of the 20" wheels over the 19" wheels, but the 19's make more sense with the roads I encounter here.

275 in the rear prob ok, but the front is rated 245 so I would say 255, maybe 265.
Yeah that’s what I decided too. So I’m going to stick to the Pirelli’s until the Michelin EV’s have the right sizing (or until my pirelli’s become defective lol…)

Yeah that’s what I decided too. So I’m going to stick to the Pirelli’s until the Michelin EV’s have the right sizing (or until my pirelli’s become defective lol…)
That may be on your next drive….

More info from LUCID:

Choices!
Aren't the 19"s already shipping? Some DEs have them.

I'm wondering how many who've experienced bubble / blow-outs are new to 35 aspect-ratio tires? I thought that might be the problem until I looked and saw Tesla has been using 35 series tires for a while, and I'm not aware they are having bubbles / blow-out issues.

I say this because running over a hole with a 50 series tire feels hard but we're used to it. Doing the same thing with a 35 series tire might feel the same, but it's not. You are slamming the radial cords between the hard edge of the hole and the wheel rim: like hitting the sidewall with an axe as compared with a sledgehammer = the force is concentrated in a smaller area.

It's more important to keep an eye on inflation pressure (do not rely on TPMS). It's like a road bike ( 10-speed for babyboomers ) = you must keep the tires on a road bike at their max inflation (~110 psi). If you let road bike tires drop a few pounds you are much more likely to get a blow-out / flat.

I've opted for two sets of wheels/tires to cover the seasons here in PA.
I wish there was an owner-accessible way to adjust the car settings for different sized wheels.

My TMPS warning light came on a few dozen miles after swapping the delivered 19" wheels to the 21" set. I'll have to call Customer Service to reset the car so it will show me when the Pirellis explode... (and do this twice a year...I can't be the only one who does this)

or for those who have had bubbles = can you feel / hear it when it happens? What if it's on the car side (unseen) ? Do you folk using 21" tires do a walk-around (like a pilot) to check for bubbles (on the car-facing side)?

Back