Lucid Forcing Me to Pay Extra $2,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEV1223

So I took delivery of an Air Touring in late January. Before then, I had taken a test drive and the sales associate was showing me all the features of the 360-camera, blind-spot, etc. (All of which is standard in all Mercedes or BMWs in this price range). Since taking delivery of the car, everything was working as advertised - then this morning I get in my car start reversing, and I’m told that I have to pay for DreamDrive Premium. This was not even a thing when I took delivery and I find it ridiculous that I have to pay an extra $2500 for cameras to be turned on.

Not to mention, I call customer service - the dude tells me he can’t help me and to speak with a sales advisor, then proceeds to hang up without any notice.

I understand DreamDrive Pro was on a free-trial basis, but never was there any mention of DreamDrive Premium, ever.

Definitely will be my first and last Lucid from the looks of it. Any one deal with this or find a way around it?

Reactions: BAM
So I took delivery of an Air Touring in late January. Before then, I had taken a test drive and the sales associate was showing me all the features of the 360-camera, blind-spot, etc. (All of which is standard in all Mercedes or BMWs in this price range). Since taking delivery of the car, everything was working as advertised - then this morning I get in my car start reversing, and I’m told that I have to pay for DreamDrive Premium. This was not even a thing when I took delivery and I find it ridiculous that I have to pay an extra $2500 for cameras to be turned on.

Not to mention, I call customer service - the dude tells me he can’t help me and to speak with a sales advisor, then proceeds to hang up without any notice.

I understand DreamDrive Pro was on a free-trial basis, but never was there any mention of DreamDrive Premium, ever.

Definitely will be my first and last Lucid from the looks of it. Any one deal with this or find a way around it?
I'm assuming they asked you if you wanted Dream Drive Pro and you declined and that DreamDrive Pro provided certain features. It seems as though DreamDrive Premium provides a subset of DreamDrive Pro at a significant discount. Are you saying they told you the 360-camera, etc would be available without upgrading. I know I was told they would not be...

DDPremium was added as an option in the past few months to give the useful DD features without forking out the big money for DDPro. Those features were never 'free' and it was nice of Lucid to give the DDPremium option.

That being said, this topic has been flogged to death, so I highly suggest this thread be locked. Mods?

I personally think it is worth the upgrade. I enjoy the 360 view.

As noted, Dream Drive Premium is a new subset of Dream Drive Pro that provides key functionality without having to buy the Pro version. Dream Drive never had 360 cameras and it is a nice thing that Lucid is doing by offering a subset at a substantially reduced price.

I don't understand the complaint. You turned down Dream Drive. Fine. Stay that way or pay the premium to get the Premium version. Lucid is merely giving you additional choices.

It's an option on the car. Up to you whether you want it or not. Nobody is forcing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back