Lucid delivers its first Air EVs in Saudi Arabia

PacificGL

"Only days after Lucid started deliveries in Europe, the company made its first deliveries in Saudi Arabia.
The automaker held a ceremony at their first store in the Middle East in Saudi Arabia’s capital of Riyadh earlier this week"

And in these pics on Reddit, it looks like they are using the Tesla/NACS connector. Pretty surprising.

I don't think it is, i think the CCS cable is just coloured white/silver on the bottom and its hard to see. It especially wouldn't make sense considering Northern America is the only place where NACS is used; everywhere else uses CCS or similar. Also doesn't make sense considering the engineering cost, and also the fact that it cant handle lucid's charging speeds etc.

I don't think it is, i think the CCS cable is just coloured white/silver on the bottom and its hard to see. It especially wouldn't make sense considering Northern America is the only place where NACS is used; everywhere else uses CCS or similar. Also doesn't make sense considering the engineering cost, and also the fact that it cant handle lucid's charging speeds etc.
I believe you are correct, I was looking at the picture on my phone. But now that I look at it on the computer, the connector is black and white color.

OP confirmed it’s a Tesla connector ( in comments section)

Would love to see the Saudi government take early delivery of say... 10k units for 2023, under the 50k+50k agreement.

Wholly crap that’s totally a Tesla connector… ummm. Not sure how I feel about that. I’m curious if the charge module is easily hot swappable between CCS and NACS. This is… interesting.

Would really be nice to get a Lucid employees take on what’s happening here 👀.

Wholly crap that’s totally a Tesla connector… ummm. Not sure how I feel about that. I’m curious if the charge module is easily hot swappable between CCS and NACS. This is… interesting.

Would really be nice to get a Lucid employees take on what’s happening here 👀.
When you zoom in, the bottom half (DC portion) is white. I believe it is CCS2 standard. The two tone and thin looking cable is what tricked me.

When you zoom in, the bottom half (DC portion) is white. I believe it is CCS2 standard. The two tone and thin looking cable is what tricked me.
Definitely a Tesla connector that was confirmed by OP. It’s charging via a Tesla wall charger.

It could just be a Tesla-made wall box; that doesn't mean the port is NACS. Australian, European and Saudi Arabian (at least from the images I can find online) spec teslas have CCS charging ports, and the wallboxes have CCS connectors too. I'm assuming what the reddit OP meant was that it was a Tesla-made CCS wallbox.

Attachments

• charger.jpeg
    charger.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 100
It could just be a Tesla-made wall box; that doesn't mean the port is NACS. Australian, European and Saudi Arabian (at least from the images I can find online) spec teslas have CCS charging ports, and the wallboxes have CCS connectors too. I'm assuming what the reddit OP meant was that it was a Tesla-made CCS wallbox.
Fair comment, probably justifies asking for more clarification.

Using a Tesla port would make no sense to me. But stranger things have been known to happen, I guess.

Using a Tesla port would make no sense to me. But stranger things have been known to happen, I guess.
It would be a totally bizarre situation that doesn’t make sense to me either. The slim profile on the connector and charge cable is throwing me through a bit of a loop.

The CCS1/2 cable also has a hard angle I just dont see here.

For kicks I reached out to Lucid support to see if I could extract something there.

You couldn’t use it at a Tesla SC since the car wouldn’t be recognized by Tesla and you’d need an account.

Hello everyone
happy to ve part of this club :)
the cars you see on reddit are us spec airs with j1772 plugs
and what i just took delivery of is a GCC fully homologated air dream with the type 2 css plug
im here if you have questions

Attachments

• b2c503a5-f108-48ef-9696-e4ff317d1e7e.JPG
    b2c503a5-f108-48ef-9696-e4ff317d1e7e.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6888.jpg
    IMG_6888.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6887.jpg
    IMG_6887.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 126
Hello everyone
and what i just took delivery of is a GCC fully homologated air dream with the type 2 css plug
Congrats! I see you have the best color 😉 what Dream Edition # are you?

Hello everyone
Welcome! So cool to see this car over there!

Hello everyone
Welcome!

Hello everyone
Looking good and I love that garage you have!

What's the vibe around Lucid over there? Everyone excited, no one knows the brand, or is it just another ev?

Back