Lucid App

Just saw there is a new update available for the Lucid App. Its version 1.12.

Since I just received my car some 2 weeks ago. How do you download the new update? Or does it do it automatically

If you do not auto update, go to the app store, do not select open, rather click on Lucid, from there, you will see an option to update the app.
What's new in this version you ask?
-Improved the user experience for when the app is unable to connect to the vehicle
-Fixed an issue with the width of the roads in the Map
-Updated the user manual for the mobile charging cable (English and French)
-Fixed an issue where the vehicle status and correspond label were mismatched
-Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.

It feels like the new version gives me more vehicle offline messages compared to the old one...

Also, width of the roads...hah!

It feels like the new version gives me more vehicle offline messages compared to the old one...

the one that got my attention," improved the user experience when the app is unable to connect." Curious what this means exactly, since it does not state that it improved the connectivety, rather improved the user experience. Maybe the app has some magic powers to make you happy no matter the experience.

If you do not auto update, go to the app store, do not select open, rather click on Lucid, from there, you will see an option to update the app.
What's new in this version you ask?
-Improved the user experience for when the app is unable to connect to the vehicle
-Fixed an issue with the width of the roads in the Map
-Updated the user manual for the mobile charging cable (English and French)
-Fixed an issue where the vehicle status and correspond label were mismatched
-Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.

Why in the world would Lucid bake the user manual into the app install? It should always fetch updated versions from their website. Dumb.

Why in the world would Lucid bake the user manual into the app install? It should always fetch updated versions from their website. Dumb.
Admittedly if I am stranded in an area without internet... having access on how to reset car or something might be helpful! :)

Yes, but

Agreed, but it should be downloaded on first use of the app and re-downloaded if changed.
Isn't it though? It's in the app, and if they change it, the app gets updated...

Because the user manual shouldn’t really update that often and the app should update more frequently? Therefore you would always have a current manual.

Good morning, I have a "vehicle offline" message in the Lucid App. What does this mean? How do I fix the problem?

Thanks

Good morning, I have a "vehicle offline" message in the Lucid App. What does this mean? How do I fix the problem?

Thanks
Mine went away once force closed the app and restarted it

Yeah, and also I opened the app yesterday while standing 20 feet away from my parked car and it said my vehicle was driving. I force closed it and it did it again.

My phone is always in my pocket, my car always respond fast before I approach it. That 20 seconds boot up infotainment panel doesn’t bother me. I had various versions of Microsoft Windows boot up a lot longer than that. I really cannot tell what’s the update in new app.

I just counted, actually 11 seconds to boot up 360 camera, unlike 45 seconds the other thread claimed.

I just counted, actually 11 seconds to boot up 360 camera, unlike 45 seconds the other thread claimed.
I have a different datapoint. After reading the long DE disappointment thread, I benchmarked by AGT and it was 21.5sec from handle-presentation until I was able to put the car in reverse. The backup camera immediately appeared, but the surround camera was > 45 seconds. More importantly, It took 45 seconds for me to get the Homelink icon->menu to be able to close my garage door, so that is certainly the bottleneck on exiting my driveway.

This is too long and completely unacceptable.

I have a different datapoint. After reading the long DE disappointment thread, I benchmarked by AGT and it was 21.5sec from handle-presentation until I was able to put the car in reverse. The backup camera immediately appeared, but the surround camera was > 45 seconds. More importantly, It took 45 seconds for me to get the Homelink icon->menu to be able to close my garage door, so that is certainly the bottleneck on exiting my driveway.

This is too long and completely unacceptable.
I time it from the time I step on brake to turn it on, it’s roughly 11~12 seconds to get cockpit right panel and 360 parking appear. The car always detect my iPhone whenever I enter garage to pop up door handle.

I time it from the time I step on brake to turn it on, it’s roughly 11~12 seconds to get cockpit right panel and 360 parking appear. The car always detect my iPhone whenever I enter garage to pop up door handle.
I think you're benchmarking the wrong thing. The delay counts from car bootup and the door-handle presentation is the beginning of that. I just stood outside my car for 16 seconds after door handles presented, opened door, sat down, and was able to put it in reverse immediately (which was 21 seconds after door handles). The terrible UX experience to get the Homelink icon->menu is a real problem. My solution recently is just to leave my garage door open :-(.

Back