Lucid App Updates

- It added showing available charging stations, and EA available stalls.
CF370D6B-42ED-482A-891F-4BDA47C7B643.jpeg

- It’s let you browse history of all your EA fast charging like a bank ledger.
58D41A9F-843E-4BB7-846E-2D99158ECBE9.png

- It let you do navigation search on app and send to app before you get into your car.
23C4B111-D80F-41DC-8F15-13BAADD062A7.png

- It added new voice commands for information queries.
7287B9BD-298D-4387-B2D2-79A376DA0DB7.png

9 weeks since I got AGT, there has been 2 phone app features updates, 1 OTA firmware update. I’m I don’t know what was it like before from Nov ‘21 to Apr ‘22, but I’m pretty pleased with the progress so far.

Those are some nice app updates. Seeing things that took Tesla several years to implement is reassuring. As I’ve said before, Lucid can’t afford to rely on comparing itself to Tesla at 1 year after beginning deliveries. They have to compete with all auto manufacturers and what they can produce now. So it looks like fast catch-up is the plan. Hope they continue this pace.

9 weeks since I got AGT, there has been 2 phone app features updates, 1 OTA firmware update. I’m I don’t know what was it like before from Nov ‘21 to Apr ‘22, but I’m pretty pleased with the progress so far.
I think you and I had a similar timeline with the vehicle and I share your impression thus far 👍🏼

Earlier adopters had more frequent OTA updates but also far more problems and less mature software that necessitated constant updates. The software now, although certainly not ‘optimal’, is still very useable imo.

The only new thing for the Android app was the charge history.

That's a bit strange since both iOS and Android apps are written in react native so they share the code between them. It's possible that Android team is stretched thin because they prioritize infotainment system which is also Android based 🤔

Some questions regarding the downloaded maps?
1. Do the downloaded maps automatically take over if you lose the wi-fi connection for the "live" map?
2. Can you input longitude/latitude locations for special spots you want to stop at along the way? (asking for DawktahLucid who is heading to Yosemite today).
3. Does the car "wake up" every time you access the app or can you plan a route on the app without waking up the car?

That's a bit strange since both iOS and Android apps are written in react native so they share the code between them. It's possible that Android team is stretched thin because they prioritize infotainment system which is also Android based 🤔
Sorry, I wasn't clear, but the nav routing and charger info was in the app before this update.

Some questions regarding the downloaded maps?
1. Do the downloaded maps automatically take over if you lose the wi-fi connection for the "live" map?
2. Can you input longitude/latitude locations for special spots you want to stop at along the way? (asking for DawktahLucid who is heading to Yosemite today).
3. Does the car "wake up" every time you access the app or can you plan a route on the app without waking up the car?
1) it's supposed to according to their release notes

2) you are supposed to be able to push a place on the map and have it route there.

3) unfortunately yes everytime you open the app it wakes up the car.

There was this too:
For Android 12 users, fixed a bug where users might occasionally see the message ‘Lucid keeps stopping’ while the app is running in the background
However, I still got it once yesterday, so not quite fixed. Better then the 5+ times per day or was showing up before the update, though.

There was this too:

However, I still got it once yesterday, so not quite fixed. Better then the 5+ times per day or was showing up before the update, though.
True, much better since update. I just force stopped the app and it was a lot better until I opened it again.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, but the nav routing and charger info was in the app before this update.
Not recalling, now you can search map and do alot more in that screen as oppose to before just tracking where car is relative to the phone key is.

Sending destinations to the car from the app only seems to work if the car is “awake.” Otherwise, it’s hit or miss. And mostly miss.

Sending destinations to the car from the app only seems to work if the car is “awake.” Otherwise, it’s hit or miss. And mostly miss.
It sends, on the home menu on driver panel, scroll down on the list. It should show up under the "work" location.

It sends, on the home menu on driver panel, scroll down on the list. It should show up under the "work" location.

If only that were consistently true. Like I said, it worked sometimes but not most of the time. Oh well, more updates will follow.

When will they allow for mor than 2 saved addresses? It seems something very basic. A “back button” would be nice to goback to previous screen, having to repeat all steps to go back to a ceirtain screen is not ideal. Some things I would like to see.

Back