Lucid Air Paint, Interior, And Body Inspection

An hour and a half? Guess I better get a beer and postpone my afternoon plans, thanks for sharing.

Can we get a TLDW besides the paint being super thin in some spots?

Can we get a TLDW besides the paint being super thin in some spots?
Other than that he pretty much loved how the car drove, went gaga for the interior, doesn’t love the look of the exterior (but acknowledges it’s an opinion), and generally really liked the car.

Other than that he pretty much loved how the car drove, went gaga for the interior, doesn’t love the look of the exterior (but acknowledges it’s an opinion), and generally really liked the car.
And don’t forget, he said the AC was amazing. Strong air current, and plenty cold.

Which definitely raised an eyebrow, given some of the reports here. I wonder if there’s a large variance between different cars and the AC units? Or are people really that different when it comes to their perception? When I did my test drive in the middle of the Colorado summer, I found the AC was good, too. And I’m always too hot.

Lucid Air Paint, Interior, And Body Inspection w/ Measurements - Full Length

Paint assessment is especially of interest due to buffing and paint thickness/thinness
Seems they know this well and that the lucid paint job is inferior and may show after some years of wear and tear. Itd be intresting to know what the paint quality would be if you just sanded down all paint and repainted the car using a higher end car painting company. I just ordered the same gauge they used in the video from amazon $67 and will add to check list. Amazon has another one for $125 that i thought better of but decided on $67 to have the video as reference.

Could someone recommend an honest, competent Chicago-area detailer who can provide the PPF/ceramic coating?

Seems they know this well and that the lucid paint job is inferior and may show after some years of wear and tear. Itd be intresting to know what the paint quality would be if you just sanded down all paint and repainted the car using a higher end car painting company. I just ordered the same gauge they used in the video from amazon $67 and will add to check list. Amazon has another one for $125 that i thought better of but decided on $67 to have the video as reference.
Be sure the paint gauge works with non-ferrous cars

And don’t forget, he said the AC was amazing. Strong air current, and plenty cold.

Which definitely raised an eyebrow, given some of the reports here. I wonder if there’s a large variance between different cars and the AC units? Or are people really that different when it comes to their perception? When I did my test drive in the middle of the Colorado summer, I found the AC was good, too. And I’m always too hot.
A/C fine for 70 and 80's. Not adequate when the temperature is in the 90's.(at least on my AGT)

A/C fine for 70 and 80's. Not adequate when the temperature is in the 90's.(at least on my AGT)
This is my point. He was driving it in Colorado recently. Depending on exactly when that was, it was likely over 90 here. It just dropped to the 70s in the past week or so.

Not to mention, he had to get through quite a few hot states in between California and here.

Not to mention, he had to get through quite a few hot states in between California and here.
If he picked up in Palm Springs, he either drove through Phoenix or Las Vegas. Palm Springs itself would have been hot. I know some people are having issues with the AC but many of us in the Phoenix area are not. I am not surprised that he thought the AC was fine.

The first video he posted he was a Livestream of his drive. He started somewhere in California and he said it was 104 degrees. So, I’m guessing his remarks about the AC are taking into account his experience in really hot weather.

Could someone recommend an honest, competent Chicago-area detailer who can provide the PPF/ceramic coating?
I used Midwest Autobahnd, 2500 W, Bradley Place in Chicago. Call Katie Myers at 312-386-1566. I had a full Xpel+ but no ceramic coating. I was very pleased with their work..

Be sure the paint gauge works with non-ferrous cars
Yes, works on steel and al. Doesnt work on plastics, carbon, fiber, etc. -- but my understanding is that gauges for such materials are very expensive and may not work as well.

I watched the live stream of the drive. It was very hot, so the AC comments are very valid. I have also watched the paint and interior review. Great honest observations. Overall his problem was with the poor quality of the software.

I appreciate the detailer's expertise and observbations about the paint thickness as well as the positive comments from Kyle Connor. If my Opticoat and finish expert has a problem with the paint then I will have to deal with it. The reviewers' obsession with the appearance of the 19" wheels was a bit much. There are dynamic differences between the 19's and the 21's, as well as durability, none of which were mentioned. Also not mentioned is their preference for the 21" wheels did not seem to capture the fact that they are not forged, but cast. The 19's are cast as well but at least the tires have a higher aspect ratio to reduce the road damage potential.

I appreciate the detailer's expertise and observbations about the paint thickness as well as the positive comments from Kyle Connor. If my Opticoat and finish expert has a problem with the paint then I will have to deal with it. The reviewers' obsession with the appearance of the 19" wheels was a bit much. There are dynamic differences between the 19's and the 21's, as well as durability, none of which were mentioned. Also not mentioned is their preference for the 21" wheels did not seem to capture the fact that they are not forged, but cast. The 19's are cast as well but at least the tires have a higher aspect ratio to reduce the road damage potential.
While there’s no question the 20/21 wheels look better than the 19”, I’ve accidentally done a few massive curb hits and potholes which were all my fault (not the car/camera/sensor) and the 19” tires are very resilient. I thought for sure one curb I hit when moving out of the way of an ambulance would do them in but there was only a scuff mark on the wheel and the rim didn’t even scratch.

While there’s no question the 20/21 wheels look better than the 19”, I’ve accidentally done a few massive curb hits and potholes which were all my fault (not the car/camera/sensor) and the 19” tires are very resilient. I thought for sure one curb I hit when moving out of the way of an ambulance would do them in but there was only a scuff mark on the wheel and the rim didn’t even scratch.
Yeah the bigger sidewalls really help with that.

I used Midwest Autobahnd, 2500 W, Bradley Place in Chicago. Call Katie Myers at 312-386-1566. I had a full Xpel+ but no ceramic coating. I was very pleased with their work..
Fantastic. Thank you for sharing! Mind sharing photos? Also, how was their edge work (can you see the lines)?

Back